Financing health services in Africa : an assessment of alternative approaches
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoder, Richard A., 1989. "Are people willing and able to pay for health services?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 35-42, January.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1987. "The revenue generating potential of user fees in Kenyan government health facilities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 995-1002, January.
- Gertler, Paul & Locay, Luis & Sanderson, Warren, 1987.
"Are user fees regressive? : The welfare implications of health care financing proposals in Peru,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 67-88.
- Paul J. Gertler & Luis Locay & Warren C. Sanderson, 1987. "Are User Fees Regressive? The Welfare Implications of Health Care Financing Proposals in Peru," NBER Working Papers 2299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhardt, Uwe E, 1989. "Economists in Health Care: Saviors, or Elephants in a Porcelain Shop?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 337-342, May.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, December.
- Mwabu, Germano M, 1989. "Nonmonetary Factors in the Household Choice of Medical Facilities," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 383-392, January.
- Cross, Peter N. & Huff, Maggie A. & Quick, Jonathan D. & Bates, James A., 1986. "Revolving drug funds: Conducting business in the public sector," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 335-343, January.
- ALan Williams, 1988. "Priority setting in public and private health care: a guide through the ideological jungle," Working Papers 036chedp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Bitran-Dicowsky, Ricardo & Dunlop, David W., 1989. "The determinants of hospital costs : an analysis of Ethiopia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 249, The World Bank.
- Bonair, Ann & Rosenfield, Patricia & Tengvald, Karin, 1989. "Medical technologies in developing countries: Issues of technology development, transfer, diffusion and use," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 769-781, January.
- Akin, John S, et al, 1986. "The Demand for Primary Health Care Services in the Bicol Region of the Philippines," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 755-782, July.
- Vogel, R.J., 1988. "Cost Recovery In The Health Care Sector - Selected Country Studies In West Africa," Papers 82, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Williams, Alan, 1988. "Priority setting in public and private health care : A guide through the ideological jungle," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 173-183, June.
- Dunlop, David W., 1983. "Health care financing: Recent experience in Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(24), pages 2017-2025, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ardeshir Sepehri & Robert Chernomas, 2001. "Are user charges efficiency- and equity-enhancing? A critical review of economic literature with particular reference to experience from developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(2), pages 183-209.
- Gertler, Paul J. & Hammer, Jeffrey S., 1997. "Strategies for pricing publicly provided health services," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1762, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Systems Development&Reform; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Housing&Human Habitats; Health Economics&Finance; Pharmaceuticals&Pharmacoeconomics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.