Demand for Health Care Services in Uganda: Implications for Poverty Reduction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kasirye, Ibrahim & Ssewanyana, Sarah & Nabyonga, Juliet & Lawson, David, 2004. "Demand for health care services in Uganda: Implications for poverty reduction," MPRA Paper 8558, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ritva Reinikka & Paul Collier, 2001. "Uganda's Recovery : The Role of Farms, Firms, and Government," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13850.
- Mbugua, J. Karanja & Bloom, Gerald H. & Segall, Malcolm M., 1995. "Impact of user charges on vulnerable groups: The case of Kibwezi in rural Kenya," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 829-835, September.
- Yoder, Richard A., 1989. "Are people willing and able to pay for health services?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 35-42, January.
- Akin, John S, et al, 1986. "The Demand for Primary Health Care Services in the Bicol Region of the Philippines," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 755-782, July.
- Akin, John S. & Guilkey, David K. & Hazel?Denton, E., 1995. "Quality of services and demand for health care in Nigeria: A multinomial probit estimation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(11), pages 1527-1537, June.
- John S. Akin & David K. Guilkey & Paul L. Hutchinson & Michael T. Mcintosh, 1998. "Price elasticities of demand for curative health care with control for sample selectivity on endogenous illness: an analysis for Sri Lanka," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 509-531.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, December.
- Germano Mwabu & Martha Ainsworth & Andrew Nyamete, 1993. "Quality of Medical Care and Choice of Medical Treatment in Kenya: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(4), pages 838-862.
- Okello, D. O. & Lubanga, R. & Guwatudde, D. & Sebina-Zziwa, A., 1998. "The challenge to restoring basic health care in Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 13-21, January.
- Martine AUDIBERT & Jacky MATHONNAT, 1998. "Cost Recovery in Mauritania: Initial Lessons from Reform," Working Papers 199811, CERDI.
- Randall P. Elllis & D. Keith McInnes & Elizabeth H. Stephenson, 1994. "Inpatient and outpatient Health Care Demand in Cairo, Egypt," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 38, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- David E. Sahn & Stephen D. Younger & Garance Genicot, 2003. "The Demand for Health Care Services in Rural Tanzania," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(2), pages 241-260, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2004. "The Republic of Uganda : Country Integrated Fiduciary Assessment 2004, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15681, The World Bank.
- Seewanyana, Sarah & Kasirye, Ibrahim, 2010. "Gender differences in Uganda: the case for access to education and health services," Research Series 113612, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- World Bank, 2004. "The Republic of Uganda : Country Integrated Fiduciary Assessment 2004, Volume 2. Public Expenditure Review 2004 - Promoting the Efficient Use of Public Resources for Poverty Eradication," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14511, The World Bank.
- Conrad Y. Puozaa, 2016. "The Determinants of Hospital Length of Stay in Nigeria," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 9(3), pages 34-42, December.
- Riman, Hodo B. & Akpan, Emmanuel S., 2012. "Healthcare Financing and Health outcomes in Nigeria: A State Level Study using Multivariate Analysis," MPRA Paper 55215, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Augustine Abuka & Michael Atingi-Ego & Jacob Opolot & Patrick Okello, 2007. "Determinants of poverty vulnerability in Uganda," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp203, IIIS.
- Mawuli Gaddah & Alistair Munro, 2011. "The Progressivity Of Health Care Services In Ghana," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-14, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth care; hospitals; eprc; cost sharing; healthcare systems; Community/Rural/Urban Development; Food Security and Poverty; Health Economics and Policy; Labor and Human Capital;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eprcrs:150529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eprccug.html .