The wage labor market and inequality in Viet Nam in the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman, 1957. "A Theory of the Consumption Function," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie57-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bui, Anh Tuan & Nguyen, Cuong Viet & Pham, Thu Phuong & Phung, Duc Tung, 2022. "Female leadership and borrowing constraints: Evidence from an emerging economy," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 81(C).
- McGuinness, Seamus & Kelly, Elish & Pham Thi Thu, Phuong & Ha Thi Thu, Thuy, 2015. "Returns to Education and the Demand for Labour in Vietnam," Papers WP506, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bulent Esiyok & Mehmet Ugur, 2017.
"A Spatial Regression Approach To Fdi In Vietnam: Province-Level Evidence,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 62(02), pages 459-481, June.
- Esiyok, Bulent & Ugur, Mehmet, 2015. "A spatial regression approach to FDI in Vietnam: province-level evidence," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 14158, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Esiyok, Bulent & Ugur, Mehmet, 2015. "A Spatial Regression Approach to FDI in Vietnam: Province-Level Evidence," MPRA Paper 80254, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Nov 2015.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2013.
"Long-run costs of piecemeal reform: Wage inequality and returns to education in Vietnam,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 1106-1122.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2012. "Long-Run Costs of Piecemeal Reform: Wage Inequality and Returns to Education in Vietnam," Staff Paper Series 566, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian A., 2012. "Long-run costs of piecemeal reform: wage inequality and returns to education in Vietnam," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124207, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dang, Thang, 2017. "Education as Protection? The Effect of Schooling on Non-Wage Compensation in a Developing Country," MPRA Paper 79223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Remco H. Oostendorp & Doan Hong Quang, 2011. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on the Return to Education in Vietnam: Wage versus Employment Effect," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-060/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 04 Apr 2011.
- Rachmat Mulia & Elisabeth Simelton & Tan Quang Nguyen & Magnus Jirström, 2021. "Non-Farm Activities and Impacts beyond the Economy of Rural Households in Vietnam: A Review and Link to Policies," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(18), pages 1-22, September.
- McGuinness, Seamus & Kelly, Elish & Pham, Thi Thu Phuong & Ha, Thi Thu Thuy & Whelan, Adele, 2021. "Returns to education in Vietnam: A changing landscape," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 138(C).
- Daeheon Choi & Chune Young Chung & Ha Truong, 2019. "Return on Education in Two Major Vietnamese Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(18), pages 1-30, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bunting, David, 2009. "The saving decline: Macro-facts, micro-behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 282-295, May.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1999.
"Public Health Insurance and Private Savings,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1249-1274, December.
- J. Gruber & A. Yelowitz, "undated". "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1135-97, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron S. Yelowitz, 1998. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," JCPR Working Papers 42, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1997. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," NBER Working Papers 6041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Aaron Yelowitz, 1997. "Public Health Insurance and Private Savings," UCLA Economics Working Papers 772, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2008.
"Risky human capital investment, income distribution, and macroeconomic dynamics,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 19-42, March.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2003. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," IZA Discussion Papers 955, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Volker Grossmann, 2004. "Risky Human Capital Investment, Income Distribution, and Macroeconomic Dynamics," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_028, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Lang, Harald, 1987. "Herman Wold on Optimal Properties of Exponentially Weighted Forecasts," Working Paper Series 179, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Brautzsch, Hans-Ulrich & Günther, Jutta & Loose, Brigitte & Ludwig, Udo & Nulsch, Nicole, 2015. "Can R&D subsidies counteract the economic crisis? – Macroeconomic effects in Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 623-633.
- Alok Bhargava, 2006. "Modelling the Health of Filipino Children," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 11, pages 153-168, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- McDonald, Rebecca & Powdthavee, Nattavudh, 2018. "The Shadow Prices of Voluntary Caregiving: Using Panel Data of Well-Being to Estimate the Cost of Informal Care," IZA Discussion Papers 11545, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Klos, Alexander & Rottke, Simon, 2013.
"Saving and Consumption When Children Move Out,"
VfS Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79786, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Simon Rottke & Alexander Klos, 2013. "Savings and Consumption When Children Move Out," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 621, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Christian Johnson & George G Kaufman, 2007. "Un banco, con cualquier otro nombre…," Boletín, CEMLA, vol. 0(4), pages 185-199, Octubre-d.
- Nelson, Edward, 2017.
"Reaffirming the Influence of Milton Friedman on U.K. Economic Policy,"
2017-01, University of Sydney, School of Economics, revised Feb 2017.
- Edward Nelson, 2017. "Reaffirming the Influence of Milton Friedman on U.K. Economic Policy," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-096, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lorenzo Pozzi, 2003. "Tax Discounting in a High‐debt Economy," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(3), pages 261-282, July.
- Barik, Debasis & Desai, Sonalde & Vanneman, Reeve, 2018. "Economic Status and Adult Mortality in India: Is the Relationship Sensitive to Choice of Indicators?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 176-187.
- Chorvat, Terrence, 2006. "Taxing utility," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Mr. Christopher Carroll & Mr. Martin Sommer & Mr. Jiri Slacalek, 2012.
"Dissecting Saving Dynamics: Measuring Wealth, Precautionary, and Credit Effects,"
IMF Working Papers
2012/219, International Monetary Fund.
- Slacalek, Jiri & Sommer, Martin & Carroll, Christopher, 2012. "Dissecting saving dynamics: measuring wealth, precautionary and credit effects," Working Paper Series 1474, European Central Bank.
- Christopher D. Carroll & Jiri Slacalek & Martin Sommer, 2019. "Dissecting Saving Dynamics: Measuring Wealth, Precautionary, and Credit Effects," NBER Working Papers 26131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Carroll & Jiri Slacalek & Martin Sommer, 2012. "Dissecting Saving Dynamics: Measuring Wealth, Precautionary, and Credit Effects," Economics Working Paper Archive 602, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Carroll, Christopher D. & Slacalek, Jiri & Sommer, Martin, 2012. "Dissecting saving dynamics: Measuring wealth, precautionary, and credit effects," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Magdalena Osinska & Kinga Wasilewska, 2020. "Students’ Attitudes Towards Savings and Investment: The Case of Poland," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(Special 2), pages 1068-1085.
- Till Treeck, 2014. "Did Inequality Cause The U.S. Financial Crisis?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 421-448, July.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2004.
"Monetary policy in the new neoclassical synthesis : a primer,"
Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, vol. 90(Sum), pages 21-45.
- Marvin Goodfriend, 2002. "Monetary Policy in the New Neoclassical Synthesis: A Primer," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 165-191.
- Marieka M. Klawitter & C. Leigh Anderson & Mary Kay Gugerty, 2013. "Savings And Personal Discount Rates In A Matched Savings Program For Low-Income Families," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 468-485, July.
- Di Bella, Gabriel & Grigoli, Francesco, 2019. "Optimism, pessimism, and short-term fluctuations," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 79-96.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2006.
"Housing Wealth, Credit Conditions and Consumption,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2006-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John & Murphy, Anthony, 2006. "Housing wealth, credit conditions and consumption," MPRA Paper 24485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Muellbauer & Janine Aron & Ant Murphy & Janine Aron & Anthony Murphy, 2007. "Housing Wealth, Credit Conditions and Consumption," ERES eres2007_257, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Poverty Impact Evaluation; Labor Policies; Environmental Economics&Policies; Services&Transfers to Poor; Inequality; Environmental Economics&Policies; Poverty Impact Evaluation; Governance Indicators; Services&Transfers to Poor;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists, Wikipedia, or ReplicationWiki pages:
- Vietnam in Wikipedia Galician
- è¶å in Wikipedia Chinese
- Protestas de Camboya de 2013-2014 in Wikipedia Spanish
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2896. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.