A spatial regression approach to FDI in Vietnam: province-level evidence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bulent Esiyok & Mehmet Ugur, 2017. "A Spatial Regression Approach To Fdi In Vietnam: Province-Level Evidence," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 62(02), pages 459-481, June.
- Esiyok, Bulent & Ugur, Mehmet, 2015. "A Spatial Regression Approach to FDI in Vietnam: Province-Level Evidence," MPRA Paper 80254, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Nov 2015.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pham, Thai-Hung & Reilly, Barry, 2007.
"The gender pay gap in Vietnam, 1993-2002: A quantile regression approach,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 775-808, October.
- Barry Reilly & T. Hung Pham, 2006. "The Gender Pay Gap In Vietnam, 1993-2002: A Quantile Regression Approach," PRUS Working Papers 34, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Pham, Hung T & Reilly, Barry, 2007. "The Gender Pay Gap In Vietnam, 1993-2002: A Quantile Regression Approach," MPRA Paper 6475, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004.
"Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Firms in the European Union,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/10192, Sciences Po.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Firms in the European Union," Post-Print hal-01020551, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Firms in the European Union," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00267438, HAL.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amy Y. C. Liu, 2006. "Changing wage structure and education in Vietnam, 1992-98," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(4), pages 681-706, October.
- Urata, Shujiro & Kawai, Hiroki, 2000. "The Determinants of the Location of Foreign Direct Investment by Japanese Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 79-103, September.
- Shujiro Urata & Hiroki Kawai, 2000. "The Determinants of the Location of Foreign Direct Investment by Japanese Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (in Japanese)," Economic Analysis, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 158, pages 3-21, January.
- Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang, 2008. "Economic institutions and FDI location choice: Evidence from US multinationals in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 412-429, September.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Matthew Cole & Robert Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2009.
"Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China: A Province-Level Analysis,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1494-1512.
- Matthew Cole & Robert Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2008. "Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China : A Province-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers 08-06, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Matthew A Cole & Robert J R Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2009. "Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China: A Province-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers 09-14, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2007.
"Estimating models of complex FDI: Are there third-country effects?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 260-281, September.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2005. "Estimating Models of Complex FDI: Are There Third-Country Effects?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 73, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus, April.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004.
"Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Investment in the European Union,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 959-972, November.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2002. "Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Investment in the European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 3455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harry Seldadyo & J. Paul Elhorst & Jakob De Haan, 2010. "Geography and governance: Does space matter?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 625-640, August.
- Svetlana Ledyaeva, 2009. "Spatial Econometric Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment Determinants in Russian Regions," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 643-666, April.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 2000.
"Foreign Direct Investment in China: A Spatial Econometric Study,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 1999. "Foreign direct investment in China: a spatial econometric study," Working Papers 1999-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/10192 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Davies, Ronald B. & Waddell, Glen R. & Naughton, Helen T., 2007.
"FDI in space: Spatial autoregressive relationships in foreign direct investment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1303-1325, July.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Ronald B. Davies & Glen R. Waddell & Helen T. Naughton, 2004. "FDI in Space: Spatial Autoregressive Relationships in Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 10939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Tanaka, Kiyoyasu & Urata, Shujiro, 2010. "The determinants of offshore production by Multinational Corporations (MNCs) : a comparison of Japanese and US MNCs," IDE Discussion Papers 234, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:57:y:2012:i:04:n:s0217590812500154 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Toan Thang TRAN & Thi Song Hanh PHAM, 2013. "Spatial Spillovers of Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of Vietnam," Working Papers 12, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment; spatial dependence; agglomeration; Vietnam;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2017-02-26 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2017-02-26 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2017-02-26 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gpe:wpaper:14158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nadine Edwards). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pegreuk.html .