A spatial regression approach to FDI in Vietnam: province-level evidence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bulent Esiyok & Mehmet Ugur, 2017. "A Spatial Regression Approach To Fdi In Vietnam: Province-Level Evidence," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 62(02), pages 459-481, June.
- Esiyok, Bulent & Ugur, Mehmet, 2015. "A Spatial Regression Approach to FDI in Vietnam: Province-Level Evidence," MPRA Paper 80254, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Nov 2015.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pham, Thai-Hung & Reilly, Barry, 2007.
"The gender pay gap in Vietnam, 1993-2002: A quantile regression approach,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 775-808, October.
- Barry Reilly & T. Hung Pham, 2006. "The Gender Pay Gap In Vietnam, 1993-2002: A Quantile Regression Approach," PRUS Working Papers 34, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Pham, Hung T & Reilly, Barry, 2007. "The Gender Pay Gap In Vietnam, 1993-2002: A Quantile Regression Approach," MPRA Paper 6475, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004.
"Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Firms in the European Union,"
Sciences Po publications
info:hdl:2441/10192, Sciences Po.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Firms in the European Union," Post-Print hal-01020551, HAL.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004. "Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Firms in the European Union," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00267438, HAL.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John & Swenson, Deborah, 1995.
"Agglomeration benefits and location choice: Evidence from Japanese manufacturing investments in the United States,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 223-247, May.
- Keith Head & John Ries & Deborah Swenson, 1994. "Agglomeration Benefits and Location Choice: Evidence from Japanese Manufacturing Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 4767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amy Y. C. Liu, 2006. "Changing wage structure and education in Vietnam, 1992-98," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 14(4), pages 681-706, October.
- Urata, Shujiro & Kawai, Hiroki, 2000. "The Determinants of the Location of Foreign Direct Investment by Japanese Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 79-103, September.
- Shujiro Urata & Hiroki Kawai, 2000. "The Determinants of the Location of Foreign Direct Investment by Japanese Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (in Japanese)," Economic Analysis, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 158, pages 3-21, January.
- Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang, 2008. "Economic institutions and FDI location choice: Evidence from US multinationals in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 412-429, September.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Matthew Cole & Robert Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2009.
"Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China: A Province-Level Analysis,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(9), pages 1494-1512.
- Matthew Cole & Robert Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2008. "Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China : A Province-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers 08-06, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Matthew A Cole & Robert J R Elliott & Jing Zhang, 2009. "Corruption, Governance and FDI Location in China: A Province-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers 09-14, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Egger, Peter & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2007.
"Estimating models of complex FDI: Are there third-country effects?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 260-281, September.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2005. "Estimating Models of Complex FDI: Are There Third-Country Effects?," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 73, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus, April.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer, 2004.
"Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Investment in the European Union,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 959-972, November.
- Head, Keith & Mayer, Thierry, 2002. "Market Potential and the Location of Japanese Investment in the European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 3455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harry Seldadyo & J. Paul Elhorst & Jakob De Haan, 2010. "Geography and governance: Does space matter?," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(3), pages 625-640, August.
- Svetlana Ledyaeva, 2009. "Spatial Econometric Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment Determinants in Russian Regions," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 643-666, April.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 2000.
"Foreign Direct Investment in China: A Spatial Econometric Study,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Eran Segev, 1999. "Foreign direct investment in China: a spatial econometric study," Working Papers 1999-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/10192 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Davies, Ronald B. & Waddell, Glen R. & Naughton, Helen T., 2007.
"FDI in space: Spatial autoregressive relationships in foreign direct investment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(5), pages 1303-1325, July.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Ronald B. Davies & Glen R. Waddell & Helen T. Naughton, 2004. "FDI in Space: Spatial Autoregressive Relationships in Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Working Papers 10939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Matsuura, Toshiyuki & Tanaka, Kiyoyasu & Urata, Shujiro, 2010. "The determinants of offshore production by Multinational Corporations (MNCs) : a comparison of Japanese and US MNCs," IDE Discussion Papers 234, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:57:y:2012:i:04:n:s0217590812500154 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Toan Thang TRAN & Thi Song Hanh PHAM, 2013. "Spatial Spillovers of Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of Vietnam," Working Papers 12, Development and Policies Research Center (DEPOCEN), Vietnam.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:52:y:2016:i:10:p:1431-1445 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsForeign direct investment; spatial dependence; agglomeration; Vietnam;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2017-02-26 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2017-02-26 (International Trade)
- NEP-SEA-2017-02-26 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gpe:wpaper:14158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nadine Edwards). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pegreuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.