Patterns of metropolitan development : what have we learned?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Burns, Leland S & Grebler, Leo, 1976. " Resource Allocation to Housing Investment: A Comparative International Study," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 95-121, October.
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin, 1992. "Public-Sector Capital and the Productivity Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 4122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Estache, 1994. "World Development Report: Infrastructure for Development," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44144, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-1196, September.
- Small, Kenneth A. & Gomez-Ibanez, Jose A., 1999. "Urban transportation," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,in: P. C. Cheshire & E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 1937-1999 Elsevier.
- Small, Kenneth A & Song, Shunfeng, 1992.
""Wasteful" Commuting: A Resolution,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 888-898, August.
- Small, Kenneth A. & Song, Shunfeng, 1992. ""Wasteful" Commuting: A Resolution," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5142n2ts, University of California Transportation Center.
- Mayo, Stephen K & Malpezzi, Stephen & Gross, David J, 1986. "Shelter Strategies for the Urban Poor in Developing Countries," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 1(2), pages 183-203, July.
- Hamilton, Bruce W, 1982. "Wasteful Commuting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(5), pages 1035-1051, October.
- Gordon, Peter & Kumar, Ajay & Richardson, Harry W., 1989. "The influence of metropolitan spatial structure on commuting time," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 138-151, September.
- Green, Richard K. & Malpezzi, Stephen & Vandell, Kerry, 1994.
"Urban Regulations and the Price of Land and Housing in Korea,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 330-356, December.
- Richard Green & Stephen Malpezzi & Kerry Vandell, 1993. "Urban Regulations and the Price of Land and Housing in Korea," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 93-01, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Newbery, D.M. & Pollitt, M.G., 1996. "The Restructuring and Privatisation of the CEGB: Was It Worth It?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9607, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bertaud, Alain & Renaud, Bertrand, 1995. "Cities without land markets : location and land use in the socialist city," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1477, The World Bank.
- Kyu Sik Lee & Alex Anas, 1992. "Costs of Deficient Infrastructure: The Case of Nigerian Manufacturing," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 29(7), pages 1071-1092, October.
- Berghall, P.E., 1995. "habitat II and Urban Economy, A Review of recent Developments and Literature," Research Paper 1a, World Institute for Development Economics Research.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Policy Watch: Infrastructure Investment and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 189-198, Fall.
- Edwin S. Mills & Jee Peng Tan, 1980. "A Comparison of Urban Population Density Functions in Developed and Developing Countries," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 17(3), pages 313-321, October.
- Ingram, Gregory K. & Carroll, Alan, 1981. "The spatial structure of Latin American cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 257-273, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Rui, 2010. "Shaping urban transport policies in China: Will copying foreign policies work?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 147-152, May.
- -, 2005. "Social Panorama of Latin America 2004," Panorama Social de América Latina, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 1222 edited by Eclac, December.
- Dong Lin & Andrew Allan & Jianqiang Cui, 2016. "Exploring Differences in Commuting Behaviour among Various Income Groups during Polycentric Urban Development in China: New Evidence and Its Implications," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(11), pages 1-17, November.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Urban Housing and Land Settlements; Urban Services to the Poor; Municipal Financial Management; National Urban Development Policies&Strategies; Banks&Banking Reform; Urban Housing and Land Settlements; National Urban Development Policies&Strategies; Urban Services to the Poor; Municipal Financial Management;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1841. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.