Tradable water rights : a property rights approach to resolving water shortages and promoting investment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A. & Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "The Property Right Paradigm," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 16-27, March.
- Paul Holden & Sarath Rajapatirana, 1995. "Unshackling the Private Sector A Latin American Story," Reports _019, World Bank Latin America and the Caribean Region Department.
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1994. "Markets in tradable water rights: Potential for efficiency gains in developing country water resource allocation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(11), pages 1613-1625, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Counsell, Kevin, 2003. "Achieving Efficiency in Water Allocation: A Review of Domestic and International Practices," Working Paper Series 3882, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Paul Lewin, 2005. "Análisis de la Eficiencia del Mercado de Derechos de Aprovechamiento de Aguas en Chile," Others 0503005, EconWPA.
- Zhang, Lei & Heerink, Nico & Dries, Liesbeth & Qu, Futian, 2012. "Water users associations and agricultural water use efficiency in northern China," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125214, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Yerushalmi, Erez, 2012. "Measuring the administrative water allocation mechanism and agricultural amenities," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 992, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Evans, Lewis & Counsell, Kevin, 2005. "Essays in Water Allocation: The Way Forward," Working Paper Series 3848, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Evans, Elizabeth M. & Lee, David R. & Boisvert, Richard N., 2002. "Achieving Efficiency And Equity In Irrigation Management: An Optimization Model Of The El Angel Watershed, Carchi, Ecuador," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19742, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Evans, Elizabeth M. & Lee, David R. & Boisvert, Richard N. & Arce, Blanca & Steenhuis, Tammo S. & Prano, Mauricio & Poats, Susan V., 2003. "Achieving efficiency and equity in irrigation management: an optimization model of the El Angel watershed, Carchi, Ecuador," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 1-22, July.
- Alan Richards & Nirvikar Singh, 2004. "No Easy Exit: Property Rights, Markets, and Negotiations over Water," Development and Comp Systems 0412011, EconWPA.
- Marianne Keudel, 2007. "Climate Change and Water Resources – An International Perspective," IWP Discussion Paper Series 02/2007, Institute for Economic Policy, Cologne, Germany.
- Ansink, Erik & Weikard, Hans-Peter, 2009. "Contested water rights," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 247-260, June.
- Erik Ansink & Harold Houba, 2014. "The Economics of Transboundary River Management," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-132/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Ul Hassan, Mehmood & Khattak, Muhammad Zubair & Banerjee, Parth Sarthi & Singh, O.P. & Rehman, Saeed Ur, 2009. "Is Irrigation Water Free? A Reality Check in the Indo-Gangetic Basin," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 422-434, February.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Resources Law; Water and Industry; Water Supply and Systems; Environmental Economics&Policies; Water Conservation; Water Supply and Sanitation Governance and Institutions; Town Water Supply and Sanitation; Water Conservation; Water and Industry; Water Use;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1627. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .