Finance and its reform : beyond laissez-faire
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Besley, Timothy, 1994.
"How Do Market Failures Justify Interventions in Rural Credit Markets?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 27-47, January.
- Besley, T., 1992. "How Do Market Failures Justify Interventions in Rural Credit Markets?," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Howard Lee & Liliana Rojas-Suárez & Steven Riess Weisbrod, 1992. "Bank Risk and the Declining Franchise Value of the Banking Systems in the United States and Japan," IMF Working Papers 92/45, International Monetary Fund.
- Jung, Woo S, 1986. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: International Evidence," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 333-346, January.
- Katerina Simons & Stephen Cross, 1991. "Do capital markets predict problems in large commercial banks?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 51-56.
- Caprio, Gerard, Jr & Levine, Ross, 1994. "Reforming Finance in Transitional Socialist Economies," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Aleem, Irfan, 1990. "Imperfect Information, Screening, and the Costs of Informal Lending: A Study of a Rural Credit Market in Pakistan," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 329-349, September.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alba, Pedro & Hernandez, Leonardo & Klingebiel, Daniela, 1999. "Financial liberalization and the capital account : Thailand, 1988-97," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2188, The World Bank.
- Wyplosz, Charles, 1999. "Financial Restraints and Liberalization in Postwar Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 2253, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stijn Claessens, 1998. "Banking reform in transition countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 115-133.
- Ghosh, Saibal & Saggar, Mridul, 1998. "Narrow Banking: Theory, evidence and prospects in India," MPRA Paper 17352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vittorio Corbo, 1997. "Financial Integration in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4096, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Aka, Brou E., 2006. "On the duration of the financial system stability under liberalization," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 147-161, June.
- Vittorio Corbo, 1997. "Integración financiera en América Latina," Research Department Publications 4097, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Kenny, Charles J. & Moss, Todd J., 1998. "Stock markets in Africa: Emerging lions or white elephants?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 829-843, May.
- Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R. & Tressel, Thierry, 2001. "Contractual savings institutions and banks'stability and efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2751, The World Bank.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert & D'Amato, Laura & Molinari, Andrea, 1999. "The effect of foreign entry on Argentina's domestic banking sector," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2158, The World Bank.
- Mekki Hamdaoui & Abir Zouari & Samir Maktouf, 2016. "The effect of financial liberalization on banking sector stability," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5), pages 644-667, September.
- Yotopoulos, Pan A., 1997. "Financial Crises and the Benefits of Mildly Repressed Exchange Rates," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 202, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Kevin C. Murdock & Thomas F. Hellmann & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Liberalization, Moral Hazard in Banking, and Prudential Regulation: Are Capital Requirements Enough?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 147-165, March.
- Duran, Miguel A. & Lozano-Vivas, Ana, 2015. "Moral hazard and the financial structure of banks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 28-40.
- Demirguc-Kent, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1998. "Financial liberalization and financial fragility," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1917, The World Bank.
- Vittorio Corbo, 1997. "Integración Financiera en América Latina," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2129, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5962 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pleskovic, Boris, 1994. "Financial policies in socialist countries in transition," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1242, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Financial Intermediation; Economic Theory&Research; Financial Crisis Management&Restructuring;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .