The Transatlantic Banking Crisis: Lessons and EU Reforms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holger Wolf, 2008. "Rethinking banking supervision in the EU," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 357-361, February.
- Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1992.
"Technological choice, financial markets and economic development,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 763-781, May.
- Saint-Paul, G., 1990. "Technological Choice, Financial Markets and Economic Development," DELTA Working Papers 90-30, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Joe Peek & James A. Wilcox, 2006. "Housing, Credit Constraints, and Macro Stability: The Secondary Mortgage Market and Reduced Cyclicality of Residential Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 135-140, May.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "Systemic risk: A survey," Working Paper Series 35, European Central Bank.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Jeremy C. Stein, 1991. "Exchange Rates and Foreign Direct Investment: An Imperfect Capital Markets Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(4), pages 1191-1217.
- C.A.E. Goodhart, 2008. "The background to the 2007 financial crisis," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 331-346, February.
- Paul Welfens, 2008. "Banking crisis and prudential supervision: a European perspective," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 347-356, February.
- Jungmittag Andre & Untiedt Gerhard, 2002. "Kapitalmobilität in Europa aus empirischer Sicht. Befunde und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen / Capital Mobility in Europe from an Empirical Viewpoint. Evidence and Implications for Economic Polic," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 222(1), pages 42-63, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Andy Mullineux, 2008. "British banking regulation and supervision: between a rock and a hard place," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 363-370, February.
More about this item
Keywordsbanking; financial market reforms; EU; globalization; USA;
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.