Costa Rica Poverty Assessment : Recapturing Momentum for Poverty Reduction
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gindling, T. H. & Robbins, Donald, 2001. "Patterns and Sources of Changing Wage Inequality in Chile and Costa Rica During Structural Adjustment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 725-745, April.
- Francisco Gallego Y. & Norman Loayza O., 2002.
"The Golden Period For Growth In Chile: Explanations And Forecasts,"
Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy),
Central Bank of Chile, vol. 5(1), pages 37-67.
- Francisco Gallego & Norman Loayza, 2002. "The Golden Period for Growth in Chile. Explanations and Forecasts," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Economic Growth: Sources, Trends, and Cycles, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 13, pages 417-464 Central Bank of Chile.
- Francisco Gallego & Norman Loayza, 2002. "The Golden Period for Growth in Chile: Explanations and Forecasts," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 146, Central Bank of Chile.
- Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2004.
"The Effects of Multiple Minimum Wages Throughout the Labor Market,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1159, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- T. H. Gindling & Katherine Terrell, 2004. "The Effects of Multiple Minimum Wages Throughout the Labor Market," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-701, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1997.
"Computing Inequality: Have Computers Changed the Labor Market?,"
NBER Working Papers
5956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David H. Autor & Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1998. "Computing Inequality: Have Computers Changed the Labor Market?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1169-1213.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Federico Gutiérrez & Leopoldo Tornarolli, 2007.
"Growth And Income Poverty In Latin America And The Caribbean: Evidence From Household Surveys,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(2), pages 209-245, 06.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Federico Gutiérrez & Leopoldo Tornarolli, 2005. "Growth and Income Poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean: Evidence from Household Surveys," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0030, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Ravallion, M., 1998. "Poverty Lines in Theory and Practice," Papers 133, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Rafael Rofman & Leonardo Lucchetti & Guzmán Ourens, 2010. "Pension Systems in Latin America: Concepts and Measurements of Coverage," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0510, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Robinson, Sherman, 1976. "A Note on the U Hypothesis Relating Income Inequality and Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(3), pages 437-40, June.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-25, April.
- Fields, Gary S & Yoo, Gyeongjoon, 2000. "Falling Labor Income Inequality in Korea's Economic Growth: Patterns and Underlying Causes," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(2), pages 139-59, June.
- Katz, Lawrence F. & Autor, David H., 1999. "Changes in the wage structure and earnings inequality," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 26, pages 1463-1555 Elsevier.
- Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 1995. "The nature of minimum wages and their effectiveness as a wage floor in Costa Rica, 1976-1991," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1439-1458, August.
- Horton, Susan & Kanbur, Ravi & Mazumdar, Dipak, 1991. "Labor markets in an era of adjustment : an overview," Policy Research Working Paper Series 694, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton, 2003.
"Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World),"
NBER Working Papers
9822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton, 2005. "Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World)," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Angus Deaton, 2004. "Measuring poverty in a growing world (or measuring growth in a poor world)," Working Papers 178, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Guillermo E. Perry & Omar S. Arias & J. Humberto López & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2006. "Poverty Reduction and Growth : Virtuous and Vicious Circles," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6997, August.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-42, June.
- Card, David, 1996. "The Effect of Unions on the Structure of Wages: A Longitudinal Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 957-79, July.
- Funkhouser, Edward, 1999. "Cyclical economic conditions and school attendance in Costa Rica," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 31-50, February.
- Funkhouser, Edward, 1998. "Changes in the returns to education in Costa Rica," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 289-317.
- David Card & W. Craig Riddell, 1993. "A Comparative Analysis of Unemployment in Canada and the United States," NBER Chapters, in: Small Differences That Matter: Labor Markets and Income Maintenance in Canada and the United States, pages 149-190 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miguel Székely & Marianne Hilgert, 2000. "What Drives Differences in Inequality across Countries?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6479, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1980. "On the Structure of Additive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 521-531.
- Gindling, T H, 1993. "Women's Wages and Economic Crisis in Costa Rica," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 277-97, January.
- David de Ferranti & Guillermo E. Perry & William Foster & Daniel Lederman & Alberto Valdés, 2005. "Beyond the City: The Rural Contribution to Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7328, August.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:7678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.