Regional growth and unemployment. The validity of Okun's law for the Finnish regions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aki Kangasharju & Christophe Tavera & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "Regional Growth and Unemployment: The Validity of Okun's Law for the Finnish Regions," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 381-395, September.
- Aki Kangasharju & Christophe Tavéra & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "Regional growth and unemployment: the validity of Okun's law for the Finnish regions," Post-Print halshs-00724237, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Gordon, 1984. "Unemployment and Potential Output in the 1980s," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 15(2), pages 537-568.
- Kwami Adanu, 2005. "A cross-province comparison of Okun's coefficient for Canada," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 561-570.
- Pedroni, Peter, 2004.
"Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic And Finite Sample Properties Of Pooled Time Series Tests With An Application To The Ppp Hypothesis,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 597-625, June.
- Peter Pedroni, 2004. "Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic and Finite Sample Properties of Pooled Time Series Tests with an Application to the PPP Hypothesis," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-15, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Granger, Clive W.J. & YOON, GAWON, 2002. "Hidden Cointegration," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt9qn5f61j, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Dimitris Christopoulos, 2004.
"The relationship between output and unemployment: Evidence from Greek regions,"
Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 611-620, July.
- Dimitris Christopoulos, 2004. "The relationship between output and unemployment: Evidence from Greek regions," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 83(3), pages 611-620, July.
- David Mayes & Matti Viren, 2002.
"Asymmetry and the Problem of Aggregation in the Euro Area,"
Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 47-73, March.
- Mayes, David G. & Virén, Matti, 2000. "Asymmetry and the problem of aggregation in the euro area," Research Discussion Papers 11/2000, Bank of Finland.
- David E. Altig & Terry J. Fitzgerald & Peter Rupert, 1997. "Okun's law revisited: should we worry about low unemployment?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue May.
- Lee, Jim, 2000. "The Robustness of Okun's Law: Evidence from OECD Countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 331-356, April.
- Brian Silverstone & Richard Harris, 2001. "Testing for asymmetry in Okun's law: A cross-country comparison," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(2), pages 1-13.
- Attfield, Clifford L. F. & Silverstone, Brian, 1998. "Okun's Law, Cointegration and Gap Variables," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 625-637, July.
- Imad A. Moosa, 1997. "On the Costs of Inflation and Unemployment," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 651-666, July.
- Freeman, Donald G, 2001. "Panel Tests of Okun's Law for Ten Industrial Countries," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(4), pages 511-523, October.
- Paramsothy Silvapulle & Imad Moosa & Mervyn Silvapulle, 2004. "Asymmetry in Okun's law," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 353-374, May.
- Mary C. Daly & Bart Hobijn, 2010. "Okun’s law and the unemployment surprise of 2009," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue mar8.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2014.
"Okun’s Law and Long Term Co-Integration Analysis for OECD Countries (1987-2012),"
EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 77-85.
- KARGI, Bilal, 2013. "Okun’s Law and Long Term Co-Integration Analysis for OECD Countries (1987-2012)," MPRA Paper 55700, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guisinger, Amy Y. & Hernandez-Murillo, Ruben & Owyang, Michael T. & Sinclair, Tara M., 2018.
"A state-level analysis of Okun's law,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 239-248.
- Amy Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael Owyang & Tara Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law," Working Papers 2015-17, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Amy Y. Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang & Tara M. Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law," Working Papers 2015-29, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 17 Oct 2017.
- Amy Y. Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang & Tara M. Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun’s Law," Working Papers (Old Series) 1523, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 21 Oct 2015.
- Durech, Richard & Minea, Alexandru & Mustea, Lavinia & Slusna, Lubica, 2014.
"Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 57-65.
- Richard Durech & Alexandru Minea & Lavinia Teodora Mustea & Lubica Slusna, 2014. "Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia," Post-Print halshs-01019147, HAL.
- Bande, Roberto & Martín-Román, Ángel, 2018.
"Regional differences in the Okun’s Relationship: New Evidence for Spain (1980-2015),"
INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 41, pages 137-165.
- Bande, Roberto & Martín-Román, Ángel L., 2017. "Regional differences in the Okun’s Relationship: New Evidence for Spain (1980-2015)," MPRA Paper 79833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rui Pereira, 2014.
"Okun’s law, asymmetries and regional spillovers: evidence from Virginia metropolitan statistical areas and the District of Columbia,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(2), pages 583-595, March.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2014. "Okun's Law, Asymmetries and Regional Spillovers: Evidence from Virginia Metropolitan Statistical Areas and the District of Columbia," Working Papers 140, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Gina Cristina Dimian & Liviu Stelian Begu & Josef Jablonsky, 2017. "Unemployment and labour market mismatch in the European Union Countries," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 13-44.
- Silvia Palombi & Roger Perman & Christophe Tavéra, 2017.
"Commuting effects in Okun's Law among British areas: Evidence from spatial panel econometrics,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 96(1), pages 191-209, March.
- Silvia Palombi & Roger Perman & Christophe Tavera, 2017. "Commuting effects in Okun's Law among British areas: Evidence from spatial panel econometrics," Post-Print halshs-01141294, HAL.
- Vakulenko, Elena, 2015. "Analysis of the relationship between regional labour markets in Russia using Okun’s model," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 40(4), pages 28-48.
- Miquel Clar-Lopez & Jordi LÃ³pez-Tamayo & RaÃºl Ramos, 2014. "Unemployment forecasts, time varying coefficient models and the Okunâ€™s law in Spanish regions," Economics and Business Letters, Oviedo University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 247-262.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2011-05-30 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vua:wpaper:2011-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (R. Dam). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fewvunl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.