Okun's law revisited: should we worry about low unemployment?
A review of the connection between labor resource utilization and the growth/unemployment correlation summarized by Okun's law, showing that the instability of that relationship, particularly over short time horizons, has important implications for monetary policy.
Volume (Year): (1997)
Issue (Month): May ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1455 East 6th St., Cleveland OH 44114|
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
- Kwami Adanu, 2005. "A cross-province comparison of Okun's coefficient for Canada," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 561-570.
- Lee, Jim, 2000. "The Robustness of Okun's Law: Evidence from OECD Countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 331-356, April.
- Amy Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael Owyang & Tara Sinclair, 2015.
"A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law,"
2015-17, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Guisinger, Amy Y. & Hernandez-Murillo, Ruben & Owyang, Michael T. & Sinclair, Tara M., 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law," Working Papers 2015-29, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Guisinger, Amy Y. & Hernandez-Murillo, Ruben & Owyang, Michael T. & Sinclair, Tara M., 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun’s Law," Working Paper 1523, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Kitov, Ivan, 2011. "Okun’s law revisited. Is there structural unemployment in developed countries?," MPRA Paper 32135, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan O. Kitov, 2011. "Okun's law revisited. Is there structural unemployment in developed countries?," Papers 1109.4383, arXiv.org.
- Eduardo Loría & Manuel G. Ramos., 2007. "La ley de Okun: una relectura para México, 1970-2004," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 22(1), pages 19-55.
- TURTUREAN, Ciprian Ionel, 2007. "Legea lui Okun pentru România în perioada 1992-2004
[Okun's Law for Romania during 1992-2004]," MPRA Paper 10638, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2007. "Uma Aplicação da Lei de Okun em Portugal," GEMF Working Papers 2007-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Döpke, Jörg, 2001. "The "Employment Intensity" of Growth in Europe," Kiel Working Papers 1021, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Edward S. Knotek & II, 2007. "How useful is Okun's law?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 73-103.
- Jörg Döpke, 2001. "The "Employment Intensity" of Growth in Europe," Kiel Working Papers 1021, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2009. "The PIGS, does the Group Exist? An empirical macroeconomic analysis based on the Okun Law," GEMF Working Papers 2009-11, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marinko Škare, 2011. "Employment Growth, Inflation and Output Growth: Was Phillips Right? Evidence from a Dynamic Panel," CESifo Working Paper Series 3502, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marinko Skare, 2011. "Employment Growth, Inflation and Output Growth: Was Phillips Right?: Evidence from a Dynamic Panel," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1138, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Ian H.K. Leow, 2004. "A Simple Dynamic Model of Big-push," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 218, Econometric Society.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcec:y:1997:i:may15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed