La ley de Okun: una relectura para México, 1970-2004
We estimated the dynamic relationship between the unemployment rate and output for the Mexican Economy for annual data (1970-2004). We estimated three structural time series models by using the Kalman filter. We found a coefficient in the range 2.08-2.5. In order to avoid spuriousness, we proved for cointegration through the Johansen Procedure; finally, through the estimation of VAR's we also proved that Granger causality runs in both senses in the three main Okun equations.
Volume (Year): 22 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 2001. "Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 101-115, Fall.
- David E. Altig & Terry J. Fitzgerald & Peter Rupert, 1997. "Okun's law revisited: should we worry about low unemployment?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue May.
- G. W. Morrison & D. H. Pike, 1977. "Kalman Filtering Applied to Statistical Forecasting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(7), pages 768-774, March.
- Sweta Chaman Saxena & Valerie Cerra, 2000. "Alternative Methods of Estimating Potential Output and the Output Gap; An Application to Sweden," IMF Working Papers 00/59, International Monetary Fund.
- Ozbek, Levent & Ozlale, Umit, 2005.
"Employing the extended Kalman filter in measuring the output gap,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1611-1622, September.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Ozbek and Ozlale state space model with time-varying coefficients," Statistical Software Components RTZ00128, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Lee, Jim, 2000. "The Robustness of Okun's Law: Evidence from OECD Countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 331-356, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:22:y:2007:i:1:p:19-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.