A Cross-Country Comparison of Okun's Coefficient
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Gordon, 1984. "Unemployment and Potential Output in the 1980s," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 15(2), pages 537-568.
- John A. Tatom, 1982. "Potential output and the recent productivity decline," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 64(Jan), pages 3-16.
- Kaufman, Roger T., 1988. "An international comparison of Okun's laws," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 182-203, June.
- Prachowny, Martin F J, 1993. "Okun's Law: Theoretical Foundations and Revised Estimates," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 331-336, May.
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing for Higher Order Serial Correlation in Regression Equations When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1303-1310, November.
- Hamada, Koichi & Kurosaka, Yoshio, 1984. "The relationship between production and unemployment in Japan : Okun's law in comparative perspective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 71-94, June.
- Weber, Christian E, 1995. "Cyclical Output, Cyclical Unemployment, and Okun's Coefficient: A New Approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(4), pages 433-445, Oct.-Dec..
- Godfrey, Leslie G, 1978. "Testing against General Autoregressive and Moving Average Error Models When the Regressors Include Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1293-1301, November.
- Hendry, David F & Mizon, Grayham E, 1978. "Serial Correlation as a Convenient Simplification, not a Nuisance: A Comment on a Study of the Demand for Money by the Bank of England," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(351), pages 549-563, September.
- Harvey, A C, 1985. "Trends and Cycles in Macroeconomic Time Series," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 3(3), pages 216-227, June.
- Ramsey, James B, 1970. "Models, Specification Error, and Inference: A Discussion of some Problems in Econometric Methodology," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 32(4), pages 301-318, November.
- Mizon, Grayham E., 1995. "A simple message for autocorrelation correctors: Don't," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 267-288, September.
- Koenker, Roger, 1981. "A note on studentizing a test for heteroscedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 107-112, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Moosa, Imad A., 1999. "Cyclical output, cyclical unemployment, and Okun's coefficient A structural time series approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 293-304, September.
- Lee, Jim, 2000. "The Robustness of Okun's Law: Evidence from OECD Countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 331-356, April.
- Raymond Hawkins, 2015. "Okun’s law and anelastic relaxation in economics," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 10(1), pages 151-161, April.
- Richard Harris & Brian Silverstone, 2000. "Asymmetric Adjustment of Unemployment and Output in New Zealand: Rediscovering Okun's Law," Working Papers in Economics 00/02, University of Waikato.
- Elhorst, J. Paul, 2000.
"The Mystery Of Regional Unemployment Differentialsa Survey Of Theoretical And Empirical Explanations,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa00p60, European Regional Science Association.
- Elhorst, J. Paul, 2001. "The mystery of regional unemployment differentials : a survey of theoretical and empirical explanations," Research Report 00C06, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Thomas Farole & Esteban Ferro & Veronica Michel Gutierrez, 2017. "Job Creation in the Private Sector," World Bank Publications - Reports 28370, The World Bank Group.
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- Ian H.K. Leow, 2004. "A Simple Dynamic Model of Big-push," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 218, Econometric Society.
- Paramsothy Silvapulle & Imad A. Moosa & Mervyn J. Silvapulle, 2004. "Asymmetry in Okun's law," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 37(2), pages 353-374, May.
- Durech, Richard & Minea, Alexandru & Mustea, Lavinia & Slusna, Lubica, 2014.
"Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 57-65.
- Richard Durech & Alexandru Minea & Lavinia Teodora Mustea & Lubica Slusna, 2014. "Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia," Post-Print halshs-01019147, HAL.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller, 2017. "Did Okun’s law die after the Great Recession?," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 52(4), pages 216-226, October.
- Pagliari Carmen & Mattoscio Nicola & Odoardi Iacopo & Tenerelli Fabiana, 2013. "Stability, Bifurcations And Chaos In Unemployment Non-Linear Dynamics," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 736-745, July.
- Afşin Şahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2015.
"Output–Employment Relationship Across Sectors: A Long- Versus Short-Run Perspective,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 265-288, July.
- Sahin, Afsin & Tansel, Aysit & Berument, Hakan, 2011. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," MPRA Paper 46875, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jun 2012.
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," Working Papers 792, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2013.
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M.Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors:A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," ERC Working Papers 1305, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2013.
- Sahin, Afsin & Tansel, Aysit & Berument, Hakan, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 7599, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1311, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Gil-Alana, Luis A., 2011. "Inflation in South Africa. A long memory approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 207-209, June.
- PERUGINI, Cristiano, 2009.
"Employment Intensity Of Growth In Italy. A Note Using Regional Data,"
Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Cristiano Perugini, 2008. "Employment Intensity of Growth in Italy A Note Using Regional Data," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 55/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Mattoscio Nicola & Bucciarelli Edgardo & Odoardi Iacopo & Persico Tony Ernesto, 2012. "AN EXAMINATION OF OKUN'(tm)S LAW: EVIDENCE FROM EUROPEAN TARGET COUNTRIES," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 237-243, December.
- Guisinger, Amy Y. & Hernandez-Murillo, Ruben & Owyang, Michael T. & Sinclair, Tara M., 2018.
"A state-level analysis of Okun's law,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 239-248.
- Amy Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael Owyang & Tara Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law," Working Papers 2015-17, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Amy Y. Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang & Tara M. Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun’s Law," Working Papers (Old Series) 1523, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Amy Y. Guisinger & Ruben Hernandez-Murillo & Michael T. Owyang & Tara M. Sinclair, 2015. "A State-Level Analysis of Okun's Law," Working Papers 2015-29, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:20:y:2014:i:4:p:439-453 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giancarlo Marini & Alessandro Piergallini, 2008. "Indicators and Tests of Fiscal Sustainability: An Integrated Approach," CEIS Research Paper 111, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Jul 2008.
- Grant, Angelia L., 2018. "The Great Recession and Okun's law," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 291-300.
- Ibragimov Marat & Jovlon Karimov & Elena Permyakova, 2013. "Unemployment and output dynamics in CIS countries: Okun's law revisited," EERC Working Paper Series 13/04e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcecon:v:24:y:1997:i:3:p:335-356. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622864 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.