Employing the extended Kalman filter in measuring the output gap
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Ozbek and Ozlale state space model with time-varying coefficients," Statistical Software Components RTZ00128, Boston College Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Gordon, 1997.
"The Time-Varying NAIRU and Its Implications for Economic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 11-32, Winter.
- Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "The Time-Varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," NBER Working Papers 5735, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Robert J, 1996. "The Time-varying NAIRU and its Implications for Economic Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 1492, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gerlach, Stefan & Smets, Frank, 1999. "Output gaps and monetary policy in the EMU area1," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 801-812, April.
- Metin, Kivilcim, 1998. "The Relationship between Inflation and the Budget Deficit in Turkey," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(4), pages 412-422, October.
- Harvey, A C & Jaeger, A, 1993. "Detrending, Stylized Facts and the Business Cycle," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 231-247, July-Sept.
- Mark Aguiar & Gita Gopinath, 2007.
"Emerging Market Business Cycles: The Cycle Is the Trend,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 69-102.
- Mark Aguiar & Gita Gopinath, 2004. "Emerging market business cycles: the cycle is the trend," Working Papers 04-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Mark Aguiar & Gita Gopinath, 2004. "Emerging Market Business Cycles: The Cycle is the Trend," NBER Working Papers 10734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kibritçioğlu, Aykut & Rittenberg, Libby & Selçuk, Faruk & Akçay, O. Cevdet & Alper, C. Emre & Berument, M. Hakan & Dibooğlu, Selahattin & Erlat, Haluk & Ertuğrul, Ahmet & Malatyalı, N. Kamuran & Nas, , 2002. "Inflation and Disinflation in Turkey," EconStor Books, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, number 110203.
- Timothy Cogley, 1997. "Evaluating non-structural measures of the business cycle," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-21.
- Grillenzoni, Carlo, 1993. "ARIMA Processes with ARIMA Parameters," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(2), pages 235-250, April.
- Kuttner, Kenneth N, 1994. "Estimating Potential Output as a Latent Variable," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(3), pages 361-368, July.
- Richard H. Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1998. "Monetary policy rules in practice," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Metin, Kivilcim, 1995. "An Integrated Analysis of Turkish Inflation," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(4), pages 513-531, November.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Gerlach, Stefan, 1997.
"Consumption and credit constraints: International evidence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 207-238, October.
- Bacchetta, Philippe & Gerlach, Stefan, 1997. "Consumption and Credit Constraints: International evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1727, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe BACCHETTA & Stefan GERLACH, 1997. "Consumption and Credit Constraints : International Evidence," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9707, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- A. Erinc Yeldan, 1993. "Conflicting Interests and Structural Inflation: Turkey, 1980-1990," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 303-327.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Evren Erdogan Cosar & Sevim Kosem & Cagri Sarikaya, 2012. "Alternatif Cikti Acigi Gostergeleri," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1222, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Eduardo Loría & Manuel G. Ramos., 2007. "La ley de Okun: una relectura para México, 1970-2004," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 22(1), pages 19-55.
- Ledenyov, Dimitri O. & Ledenyov, Viktor O., 2013. "On the Stratonovich – Kalman - Bucy filtering algorithm application for accurate characterization of financial time series with use of state-space model by central banks," MPRA Paper 50235, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gonul Sengul & Murat Tasci, 2014.
"Unemployment Flows, Participation and the Natural Rate for Turkey,"
1435, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Sengul, Gonul & Tasci, Murat, 2014. "Unemployment Flows, Participation, and the Natural Rate for Turkey," Working Paper 1422, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gonul Sengul & Murat Tasci, 2014. "Unemployment Flows, Participation and the Natural Rate for Turkey," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1404, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Singh, B. Karan & Kanakaraj, A. & Sridevi, T.O., 2011.
"Revisiting the empirical existence of the Phillips curve for India,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 247-258, June.
- Karan Singh, B & Kanakaraj, A & Sridevi, T.O, 2010. "Revisiting the empirical existence of the Phillips Curve for India," MPRA Paper 31793, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Faith Christian Cacnio, 2013. "Analysing inflation dynamics in the Philippines using the new Keynesian Phililips curve," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 50(2), pages 53-82, December.
- Ledenyov, Dimitri O. & Ledenyov, Viktor O., 2015. "Wave function method to forecast foreign currencies exchange rates at ultra high frequency electronic trading in foreign currencies exchange markets," MPRA Paper 67470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valadkhani, Abbas, 2014. "Switching impacts of the output gap on inflation: Evidence from Canada, the UK and the US," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 270-285.
- Abbas Valadkhani, 2015. "Asymmetric size-dependent effects of the output gap on inflation: US evidence from the last half a century," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(33), pages 3525-3539, July.
- Pasricha, Gurnain Kaur, 2006. "Kalman Filter and its Economic Applications," MPRA Paper 22734, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wojciech Maliszewski, 2010. "Vietnam; Bayesian Estimation of Output Gap," IMF Working Papers 10/149, International Monetary Fund.
- Dan Armeanu & Nicolae Istudor & Leonard Lache, 2015. "The Role of SMEs in Assessing the Contribution of Entrepreneurship to GDP in the Romanian Business Environment," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(38), pages 195-195, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:29:y:2005:i:9:p:1611-1622. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.