A cross-country analysis of the Okun's law coefficient convergence in Europe
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Roger Perman & Christophe Tavera, 2005. "A cross-country analysis of the Okun's Law coefficient convergence in Europe," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(21), pages 2501-2513.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Apergis & Anthony Rezitis, 2003. "An examination of Okun's law: evidence from regional areas in Greece," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(10), pages 1147-1151.
- Dan Ben-David & Ayal Kimhi, 2001. "Trade and the rate of income convergence," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 419-441.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1999.
"Measuring Business Cycles: Approximate Band-Pass Filters For Economic Time Series,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(4), pages 575-593, November.
- Marianne Baxter & Robert G. King, 1995. "Measuring Business Cycles Approximate Band-Pass Filters for Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 5022, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "BKFILTER: RATS procedure to implement band pass filter using Baxter-King method," Statistical Software Components RTS00026, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Friedman, Milton, 1992. "Do Old Fallacies Ever Die?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(4), pages 2129-2132, December.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2002. "On adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott filter for the frequency of observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 371-375.
- Brian Silverstone & Richard Harris, 2001. "Testing for asymmetry in Okun's law: A cross-country comparison," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(2), pages 1-13.
- Roger Perman & Christophe Tavera, 2007. "Testing for convergence of the Okunâ€™s Law coefficient in Europe," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 45-61, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tausch, Arno, 2013. "The hallmarks of crisis. A new center-periphery perspective on long cycles," MPRA Paper 48356, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2008. "Medium run redux: technical change, factor shares and frictions in the euro area," Working Paper Series 915, European Central Bank.
- Helmut Herwartz & Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2011. "Growth, unemployment and labour market institutions: evidence from a cross-section of EU regions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(30), pages 4663-4676.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2014. "Testing Okun’s law with Swiss industry data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(29), pages 3581-3590, October.
- Davide Furceri & Ernesto Crivelli & Joël Toujas-Bernate, 2012. "Can Policies Affect Employment Intensity of Growth? A Cross-Country Analysis," IMF Working Papers 12/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Cuéllar-Martín, Jaime & Martín-Román, Ángel L. & Moral, Alfonso, 2017. "Natural and cyclical unemployment: a stochastic frontier decomposition and economic policy implications," MPRA Paper 76503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Libero Monteforte & Stefano Siviero, 2010. "The economic consequences of euro-area macro-modelling shortcuts," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(19), pages 2399-2415.
- Bande, Roberto & Martín-Román, Ángel, 2018.
"Regional differences in the Okun’s Relationship: New Evidence for Spain (1980-2015),"
INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH,
Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 41, pages 137-165.
- Bande, Roberto & Martín-Román, Ángel L., 2017. "Regional differences in the Okun’s Relationship: New Evidence for Spain (1980-2015)," MPRA Paper 79833, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ryan Herzog, 2013. "Using state level employment thresholds to explain Okun’s Law," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, December.
- Mohamad A. Abou Hamia, 2016.
"Jobless growth: empirical evidences from the Middle East and North Africa region
[Wachstum ohne Beschäftigung – empirische Evidenz aus Nahost und Nordafrika]," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 49(3), pages 239-251, November.
- Roger, Perman & Jean-Philippe, Boussemart & Walter, Briec & Christophe, TavÃ©ra, 2013. "How do technical change and technological distance influence the size of the Okunâ€™s Law coefficient?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-60, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Hanusch, Marek, 2012. "Jobless growth ? Okun's law in East Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6156, The World Bank.
- Vadim Kufenko & Niels Geiger, 2017.
"Stylized Facts of the Business Cycle: Universal Phenomenon, or Institutionally Determined?,"
Journal of Business Cycle Research,
Springer;Centre for International Research on Economic Tendency Surveys (CIRET), vol. 13(2), pages 165-187, November.
- Kufenko, Vadim & Geiger, Niels, 2015. "Stylized facts of the business cycle: Universal phenomenon, or institutionally determined?," Violette Reihe: Schriftenreihe des Promotionsschwerpunkts "Globalisierung und Beschäftigung" 45/2015, University of Hohenheim, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Evangelisches Studienwerk.
- Ryan W Herzog, 2013. "An Analysis of Okun's Law, the Natural Rate, and Voting Preferences for the 50 States," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2504-2517.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Smyth, Russell, 2015. "Switching and asymmetric behaviour of the Okun coefficient in the US: Evidence for the 1948–2015 period," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 281-290.
- McAdam, Peter & Willman, Alpo, 2013. "Medium Run Redux," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 695-727, June.
- Celia Melguizo, 2017.
"An analysis of Okun’s law for the Spanish provinces,"
Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 37(1), pages 59-90, February.
- Celia Melguizo, 2015. "An analysis of Okun?s law for the Spanish provinces," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1558, European Regional Science Association.
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- PERUGINI, Cristiano, 2009.
"Employment Intensity Of Growth In Italy. A Note Using Regional Data,"
Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies,
Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Cristiano Perugini, 2008. "Employment Intensity of Growth in Italy A Note Using Regional Data," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 55/2008, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:486701 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rim Mouelhi & Monia Ghazali, 2014. "The Employment Intensity of Output Growth in Tunisia and Its Determinants," Working Papers 857, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2014.
- Nektarios A. Michail, 2015. "Examining the Stability of Okun’s Coefficient," Working Papers 2015-2, Central Bank of Cyprus.
- Ho-Chuan (River) Huang & Chih-Chuan Yeh, 2013. "Okun's law in panels of countries and states," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(2), pages 191-199, January.
- Tregenna, Fiona., 2015. "Sectoral dimensions of employment targeting," ILO Working Papers 994867013402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
KeywordsOkun's law coefficient; convergence; European economies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00010273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.