Advertising in a luxury fashion magazine: a comparison between Italy and China
In the general framework of globalization and internationalization, the paper focuses on the advertising strategies adopted by top companies in the luxury sector. The article reports on the preliminary data of a study to determine the importance of local culture in advertising content by comparing Chinese and Italian ads. In particular, this research analyses the content of advertisements from Vogue, one of the most popular and influential fashion and beauty magazine, both in China and Italy: the focus is on three industries, namely clothing, cosmetics and jewellery. The selected ads of Ôproduct pairsÕ allow to shed a light on the choices in terms of communications messages and conveyed image by top brands in both countries. The content analysis points out visual and textual elements contributing to the standardization-adaptation discussion: this research reveals that strategies are both affected by the country and the product category.
|Date of creation:||May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: San Giobbe, Cannaregio 873, 30121 Venezia|
Phone: +39 0412348721
Fax: +39 0412348701
Web page: http://www.unive.it/dip.management
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
IDEI Working Papers
152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(4), pages 990-1029, 06.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kolbe, Richard H & Burnett, Melissa S, 1991. " Content-Analysis Research: An Examination of Applications with Directives for Improving Research Reliability and Objectivity," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(2), pages 243-50, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vnm:wpdman:41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marco LiCalzi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.