Modelling the Duration of Interest Rate Spells Under Inflation Targeting in Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Giles, 2007.
"Survival of the hippest: life at the top of the hot 100,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(15), pages 1877-1887.
- David E. Giles, 2005. "Survival of the Hippest: Life at the Top of the Hot 100," Econometrics Working Papers 0507, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-679, June.
- Gerlach, Stefan & Smets, Frank, 2000. "MCIs and monetary policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1677-1700, October.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986. "Layoffs, Recall and the Duration of Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 1825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dib, Ali, 2006. "Nominal rigidities and monetary policy in Canada," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 303-325, June.
- Kennan, John, 1985. "The duration of contract strikes in U.S. manufacturing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 5-28, April.
- Jiri Jonas & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in Transition Countries: Experience and Prospects," NBER Working Papers 9667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baxa, JaromÃr & HorvÃ¡th, Roman & VaÅ¡ÃÄ ek, BoÅ™ek, 2014.
"How Does Monetary Policy Change? Evidence On Inflation-Targeting Countries,"
Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 593-630, April.
- Jaromir Baxa & Roman Horvath & Borek Vasicek, 2010. "How Does Monetary Policy Change? Evidence on Inflation Targeting Countries," Working Papers 2010/02, Czech National Bank.
- Jaromír Baxa & Roman Horváth & Borek Vasícek, 2010. "How Does Monetary Policy Change? Evidence on Inflation Targeting Countries," Working Papers wpdea1007, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Jaromír Baxa & Roman Horváth & Bořek Vašíček, 2010. "How Does Monetary Policy Change? Evidence on Inflation Targeting Countries," Working Papers IES 2010/26, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Oct 2010.
- Yang Ni & Shasha Guo & David Giles, 2010.
"Capital structures in an emerging market: a duration analysis of the time interval between IPO and SEO in China,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(19), pages 1531-1545.
- Yang Ni & Shasha Guo & David E. Giles, 2009. "Capital Structures in an Emerging Market: A Duration Analysis of the Time Interval Between IPO and SEO in China," Econometrics Working Papers 0905, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Guo, Yingwen & Zhou Z.F., Sherry, 2011. "Duration Analysis of Interest Rate Spells : Cross-National Study of Interest Rate Policy," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 52(1), pages 1-11, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bhattacharjee, A. & Samarjit Das, 2002. "Testing Proportionality in Duration Models with Respect to Continuous Covariates," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0220, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Dennis A. Ahlburg & Brian P. Mccall & In-gang Na, "undated". "Time to Dropout From College: A Hazard Model with Endogenous Waiting," Working Papers 0102, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Yamin Ahmad & Russell Kashian, 2010.
"Modeling the time to an initial public offering: When does the fruit ripen?,"
Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 34(4), pages 391-414, October.
- Yamin Ahmad & Russell Kashian, 2008. "Modeling the Time to an Initial Public Offering: When does the Fruit Ripen?," Working Papers 08-01, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Zhenlin, 2006. "A modified family of power transformations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 14-19, July.
- Huberman, Michael & Young, Denise, 1999. "Cross-Border Unions: Internationals in Canada, 1901-1914," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 204-231, July.
- Yang, Zhenlin & Tsui, Albert K., 2004. "Analytically calibrated Box-Cox percentile limits for duration and event-time models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 649-677, December.
- Michael Huberman & Denise Young, 1995. "What Did Unions Do... An Analysis of Canadian Strike Data, 1901-14," CIRANO Working Papers 95s-17, CIRANO.
- George Neumann, 1996. "Search Models and Duration Data," Econometrics 9602008, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Mar 1996.
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2001.
"Duration models: specification, identification and multiple durations,"
Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 55, pages 3381-3460,
- Van den Berg, Gerard J., 2000. "Duration Models: Specification, Identification, and Multiple Durations," MPRA Paper 9446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lewbel, Arthur & Lu, Xun & Su, Liangjun, 2015.
"Specification testing for transformation models with an application to generalized accelerated failure-time models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 184(1), pages 81-96.
- Arthur Lewbel & Xun Lu & Liangjun Su, 2012. "Specification Testing for Transformation Models with an Application to Generalized Accelerated Failure-time Models," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 817, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 May 2013.
- Beyene, Abebe D. & Koch, Steven F., 2013.
"Clean fuel-saving technology adoption in urban Ethiopia,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 605-613.
- Abebe Damte & Steven F. Koch, 2011. "Clean Fuel-Saving Technology Adoption in Urban Ethiopia," Working Papers 229, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Abebe Damte & Steven F. Koch, 2011. "Clean Fuel Saving Technology Adoption In Urban Ethiopia," Working Papers 201109, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Allgood, Sam & Moore, Myra L. & Warren, Ronald Jr., 1997.
"The Duration of Sheltered Homelessness in a Small City,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 60-80, March.
- Pieter Serneels, 2004. "Explaining Non-Negative Duration Dependence Among the Unemployed," Development and Comp Systems 0409013, EconWPA.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 1996. "A generalized multiple durations proportional hazard model with an application to activity behavior during the evening work-to-home commute," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 465-480, December.
- Baek, In-Mee & Bandopadhyaya, Arindam, 1996. "The determinants of the duration of commercial bank debt renegotiation for sovereigns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 673-685, May.
- Rekkas, M. & Wong, A., 2005. "Third-order inference for the Weibull distribution," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 499-525, April.
- David M. Gray & Pierre Grenier, 1994. "Fermetures d'usines et durées du chômage : signaux et comportements de recherche d'emploi au Canada," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 113(2), pages 207-217.
- Matsumoto, Shigeru, 2011. "A duration analysis of environmental alternative dispute resolution in Japan," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 659-666, February.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Simons, T., 2005. "Public-to-Private Transactions : LBOs, MBOs, MBIs and IBOs," Other publications TiSEM 3b76799c-591c-4d22-b126-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Simons, T., 2005. "Public-to-Private Transactions : LBOs, MBOs, MBIs and IBOs," Other publications TiSEM cc5ad867-76a9-43ab-b903-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Simons, T., 2005. "Public-to-Private Transactions : LBOs, MBOs, MBIs and IBOs," Discussion Paper 2005-98, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Renneboog, L.D.R. & Simons, T., 2005. "Public-to-Private Transactions : LBOs, MBOs, MBIs and IBOs," Discussion Paper 2005-023, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation target; survival analysis; monetary policy;
All these keywords.
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C42 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Survey Methods
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2006-09-16 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2006-09-16 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2006-09-16 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-09-16 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vic:vicewp:0605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Voss). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/devicca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.