Doing good with other people’s money: an experiment on people's (un)willingness to grant others the freedom to choose
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rutström, E. Elisabet & Wilcox, Nathaniel T., 2009. "Stated beliefs versus inferred beliefs: A methodological inquiry and experimental test," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 616-632, November.
- Charness, Gary & Gneezy, Uri & Kuhn, Michael A., 2012. "Experimental methods: Between-subject and within-subject design," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 1-8.
- Nagore Iriberri & Pedro Rey-Biel, 2011.
"The role of role uncertainty in modified dictator games,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(2), pages 160-180, May.
- Nagore Iriberri & Pedro Rey-Biel, "undated". "The Role of Role Uncertainty in Modified Dictator Games," Working Papers 406, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Nagore Iriberri & Pedro Rey-Biel, 2008. "The role of role uncertainty in modified dictator games," Economics Working Papers 1147, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2010.
- Luís Santos-Pinto & Joel Sobel, 2005. "A Model of Positive Self-Image in Subjective Assessments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1386-1402, December.
- Jürgen Fleiß & Stefan Palan, 2013.
"Of Coordinators and Dictators: A Public Goods Experiment,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-24, October.
- Jürgen Fleiß & Stefan Palan, 2012. "Of Coordinators and Dictators: A Public Goods Experiment," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2012-03, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Robert Oxoby, 2013. "Paretian dictators: constraining choice in a voluntary contribution game," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 125-138, June.
- Friedel Bolle & Claudia Vogel, 2011. "Power comes with responsibility—or does it?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 148(3), pages 459-470, September.
- Richard H. Thaler & Cass R. Sunstein, 2003. "Libertarian Paternalism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 175-179, May.
- Marwell, Gerald & Ames, Ruth E., 1981. "Economists free ride, does anyone else? : Experiments on the provision of public goods, IV," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 295-310, June.
- S. Littlechild & J. Wiseman, 1986. "The political economy of restriction of choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 161-172, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAllocation decisions; Charitable giving; Social preferences; Freedom of choice;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2015-03-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EXP-2015-03-13 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2015-03-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-RES-2015-03-13 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2015-03-13 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ver:wpaper:08/2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Reiter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isverit.html .