Doing good with other people’s money: an experiment on people's (un)willingness to grant others the freedom to choose
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rutström, E. Elisabet & Wilcox, Nathaniel T., 2009. "Stated beliefs versus inferred beliefs: A methodological inquiry and experimental test," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 616-632, November.
- Friedel Bolle & Claudia Vogel, 2011. "Power comes with responsibility—or does it?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 148(3), pages 459-470, September.
- Charness, Gary & Gneezy, Uri & Kuhn, Michael A., 2012. "Experimental methods: Between-subject and within-subject design," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 1-8.
- Richard H. Thaler & Cass R. Sunstein, 2003. "Libertarian Paternalism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 175-179, May.
- Nagore Iriberri & Pedro Rey-Biel, 2011.
"The role of role uncertainty in modified dictator games,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(2), pages 160-180, May.
- Nagore Iriberri & Pedro Rey-Biel, "undated". "The Role of Role Uncertainty in Modified Dictator Games," Working Papers 406, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Nagore Iriberri & Pedro Rey-Biel, 2008. "The role of role uncertainty in modified dictator games," Economics Working Papers 1147, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2010.
- Jürgen Fleiß & Stefan Palan, 2013.
"Of Coordinators and Dictators: A Public Goods Experiment,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-24, October.
- Jürgen Fleiß & Stefan Palan, 2012. "Of Coordinators and Dictators: A Public Goods Experiment," Working Paper Series, Social and Economic Sciences 2012-03, Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, Karl-Franzens-University Graz.
- Luís Santos-Pinto & Joel Sobel, 2005. "A Model of Positive Self-Image in Subjective Assessments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1386-1402, December.
- Marwell, Gerald & Ames, Ruth E., 1981. "Economists free ride, does anyone else? : Experiments on the provision of public goods, IV," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 295-310, June.
- Robert Oxoby, 2013. "Paretian dictators: constraining choice in a voluntary contribution game," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 125-138, June.
- S. Littlechild & J. Wiseman, 1986. "The political economy of restriction of choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 51(2), pages 161-172, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAllocation decisions; Charitable giving; Social preferences; Freedom of choice;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2015-03-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EXP-2015-03-13 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2015-03-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-RES-2015-03-13 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2015-03-13 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ver:wpaper:08/2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Reiter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isverit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.