The Partnered Core of a Game with Side Payments
An outcome of a game is partnered if there are no asymmetric dependencies between any two players. For a cooperative game, a payoff is in the partnered core of the game if it is partnered, feasible and cannot be improved upon by any coalition of players. We show that the relative interior of the core of a game with side payments is contained in the partnered core. For quasi-strictly convex games the partnered core coincides with the relative interior of the core. When there are no more than three partnerships, the sums of the payoffs to partnerships are constant across all core payoffs. When there are no more than three players, the partnered core satisfies additional properties.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaneko, Mamoru & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1982.
"Cores of partitioning games,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 313-327, December.
- Le Breton, M. & Owen, G. & Weber, S., 1991.
"Strongly Balanced Cooperative Games,"
92-3, York (Canada) - Department of Economics.
- Dutta, B. & van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 2003.
"Link formation in cooperative situations,"
Other publications TiSEM
840ac1d0-9e23-41a7-832e-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dutta, B. & van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1998. "Link formation in cooperative situations," Other publications TiSEM fb302bdf-f6ab-4909-99d5-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Dutta, B. & van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1995. "Link formation in cooperative situations," Discussion Paper 1995-35, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Matthew O. Jackson, 2001.
"Strongly Stable Networks,"
University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers
2001-3, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 15 Nov 2002.
- Ray, Debraj, 1989. "Credible Coalitions and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 185-87.
- Reny, Philip J. & Holtz Wooders, Myrna, 1998. "An extension of the KKMS theorem," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 125-134, March.
- Bennett, Elaine & Zame, William R, 1988. "Bargaining in Cooperative Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 279-300.
- Reny, Philip J. & Holtz Wooders, Myrna, 1996. "The Partnered Core of a Game without Side Payments," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 298-311, August.
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Mutuswami, Suresh, 1996.
971, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-77112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dutta, Bhaskar & Ray, Debraj, 1989. "A Concept of Egalitarianism under Participation Constraints," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 615-35, May.
- Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1996. "The Partnered Core of an Economy and the Partnered Competitive Equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 143-152, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:0917. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.