Why Study at a Mature Age? An Analysis of the Private Returns to Universtity Education in Australia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sveinbjörn Blöndal & Simon Field & Nathalie Girouard, 2002. "Investment in Human Capital Through Post-Compulsory Education and Training: Selected Efficiency and Equity Aspects," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 333, OECD Publishing.
- Leo Maglen, 1994. "Education Expansion And The Private Returns On A University Degree," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 13(4), pages 57-71, December.
- Jeff Borland, 2002. "New Estimates of the Private Rate of Return to University Education in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2002n14, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- E. Paul Durrenberger, 2005. "Labour," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chia, Tai-Tee, 1991. "Has the Value of a Degree Fallen? Cross-Sectional versus Time-Series Evidence," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 0(0), pages 41-52, Supplemen.
- Austen, S & Giles, Margaret, 2003. "The Likely Effects of Ageing on Women's Involvement in the Paid Workforce," Australian Bulletin of Labour, National Institute of Labour Studies, vol. 29(3), pages 257-278.
- Productivity Commission, 2005. "Economic Implications of an Ageing Australia," Labor and Demography 0506001, EconWPA.
- Jacob Mincer, 1958. "Investment in Human Capital and Personal Income Distribution," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 281-281.
- Chapman, B & Salvage, T, 1997. "The Consequences of Recent Changes in Financing for Australian Higher Education," CEPR Discussion Papers 367, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2007-05-12 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2007-05-12 (Education)
- NEP-SOG-2007-05-12 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwa:wpaper:06-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verity Chia) or (Marina Grazioli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuwaau.html .