Contact information of National Institute of Labour Studies
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fli:journl. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rupali Saikia). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nilflau.html .
2016, Volume 42, Issue 1
- 1-37 To the Lighthouse Towards a Global Minimum Wage: Building on the International Poverty Line
by Bolwell, D
- 38-61 Deepening Industry Engagement with International Students Through Work-integrated Learning
by Jackson, D
- 62-92 Training and Turnover: The Mediating Role of Commitment
by Ismail, HN
- 93-107 Non-resident Workers: A Comparison of Family Support Services for Resource, Health, and Defence Communities
by Langdon, Rebecca R & Rowland, Bevan D & Biggs, Herbert C
- 108-134 PhD-Educated Employees and the Development of Generic Skills
by Jackson, Denise & Michelson, Grant
2015, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-15 Apprenticeship training and productivity growth: a case study of the Australian construction industry
by Chancellor, W & Abbott, Malcolm
- 1-18 Carving out employment futures for Aboriginal ex-prisoners in the resource sector
by Giles, M & Larsen, A & Whale, J
- 1-19 Can collective enterprise bargaining affect the psychological contract? An analysis of the 2011 Australian Public Service negotiations
by Williamson, S & O'Donnell, M & Shingles, J
- 1-27 Are all workers influenced to stay by similar factors, or should different retention strategies be implemented? Comparing younger and older aged-care workers in Australia
by Radford, Katrina & Chapman, Geoffrey
2014, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 92-97 Guest Editors’ Introduction to the Special Issue on FIFO Work
by Rainnie, Al & Michelson, Grant & Goods, Caleb & Burgess, John
- 98-115 FIFO and Global Production Networks: Exploring the Issues
by Rainnie, A & Fitzgerald, S & Ellem, B & Goods, C
- 116-137 Determinants of Employee-turnover Intentions in Atypical Employment: The FIFO Mining Industry in Western Australia
by Brown, A & Susomrith, P & Sitlington, H & Scott, G
- 138-158 The Flip Side of Fly-In Fly-Out: The Use of 457 Visas by Smaller Firms in the Western Australian Resources Sector
by Barrett, Rowena & Bahn, Susanne & Susomrith, Pattanee & Prasad, Krishna
- 159-179 Do Holistic Human Resource Management Practices Make a Difference to Fly-in Fly-out Workers’ Job Quality? An Exploratory Investigation
by Connell, J & Burgess, J
- 180-200 Workers’ Perceptions of FIFO Work in North Queensland, Australia
by Blackman, A & Welters, R & Murphy, L & Eagle, L & Pearce, M & Pryce, J & Lynch, P & Low, D
- 201-220 Mining through the Talent Pool of Potential Fly-in Fly-out (FIFO) Workers
by Pryce, J & Welters, R & Lynch, P & Blackman, A & Murphy, L & Eagle, L & Case, P & Low, D
- 221-241 The FIFO Experience: A Gladstone Case Study
by Cameron, R & Lewis, J & Pfeiffer, L
- 242-261 Adjustment, Well-being and Help-seeking Among Australian FIFO Mining Employees
by Vojnovic, Philippa & Michelson, Grant & Jackson, Denise & Bahn, Susanne
2014, Volume 40, Issue 1
- 2-23 Long Service Leave, the Labour Market, and Portability of Entitlements
by Thornthwaite, L & Markey, R
- 24-45 Contributory Misconduct Reductions in Unfair Dismissal Remedies
by Southey, K
- 46-67 Insights into the Working Experience of Casual Academics and Their Immediate Supervisors
by Davis, D & Perrott, B & Perry, L J
- 68-90 The Impact of Employment Specialisation on Regional Labour Market Outcomes in Australia
by Hicks, J & Basu, P K & Sherley, C
2013, Volume 39, Issue 2
2013, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 2-18 Rediscovering Braverman? Political Economy, Skill, and Skill Shortages
by Fitzgerald, S & Rainnie, A & Burgess, J
- 19-41 Sourcing Specialised Skilled Labour in the Global Arena: A Change in the Way We View Work in Australia?
by Bahn, Susanne & Cameron, Roslyn
- 42-63 Indigenous Workforce Participation at a Mining Operation in Northern Australia
by Pearson, C & Daff, S
- 64-87 Akubras to Hard Hats: Easing Skill Shortages through Labour Harmonisation Strategies
by Storer, C & Connell, J
- 88-111 Onshore Skilled Migrant Engineers: Skills Wastage and Atrophy
by Cameron, Roslyn & Joyce, Deborah & Wallace, Michelle & Kell, Peter
- 112-135 The Impact of Training Practices on Individual, Organisation, and Industry Skill Development
by Kennett, G
2012, Volume 38, Issue 4
2012, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 178-183 Guest editors' introduction to the Special Issue
by Charlesworth, S & Elder, A & Hill, E & Pocock, Barbara
- 184-198 Paid parental leave: first birthday policy review
by Baird, M & Whitehouse, G
- 199-213 Maternal employment and childcare in Australia: achievements and barriers to satisfying employment
by Boyd, W
- 214-233 Working time and managing care under Labor: whose flexibility?
by Heron, A & Charlesworth, S
- 234-250 Private retirement savings in Australia: current policy initiatives and gender equity implications
by Jefferson, Therese
- 251-267 Gender pay equity in Australia: where are we now and where are we heading?
by Todd, P & Preston, A
2012, Volume 38, Issue 2
2012, Volume 38, Issue 1
2011, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 138-163 Quality and Quantity in Work-Home Conflict: The Nature and Direction of Effects of Work on Employees' Personal Relationships and Partners
by Peetz, D & Muurlink, O & Townsend, K & Allan, C & Fox, A
- 164-190 Oh Won't You Stay Just a Little Bit Longer: Changing Employers' Views of Older Workers
by Mountford, H.
- 191-216 Upskilling and Polarisation in the Australian Labour Market: A Simple Analysis
by Esposto, A.
- 217-229 The Difficulty of Quantitative Cross-country Comparisons of Wage-fixing Systems
by Isaac, J
- 230-245 Methodology and Research on the Human Resource Practices of Multinational Enterprises in Australia
by McDonnell, Anthony & Russell, Helen & Sablok, Gitika & Stanton, Pauline & Burgess, John & Bartram, Timothy
2011, Volume 37, Issue 1
2010, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 238-259 Got a Lot o' Livin' to do: Opportunities for Older Workers in the Global Financial Crisis
by Mountford, H.
- 260-277 The Change in Labour Skills in Australia over the Business Cycle
by Kelly, Ross & Lewis, Philip
- 278-303 Flexicurity: What is it? Can it Work Downunder?
by Belchamber, G.
- 306-313 Symposium 1: Fair Work Australia's First Minimum Wage Decision: Context, Impact and Future
by Healy, Joshua Gregory
- 314-320 Symposium 2: Minimum Wage Setting under Fair Work Australia: Back to the Future?
by Harper, I. & McKibbin, R.
- 321-326 Symposium 3: An Unfair Safety Net
by Wooden, M.
- 327-334 Symposium 4: Australia's Other Two-Speed Economy: Gender, Employment and Earnings in the Slow Lane
by Jefferson, Therese & Preston, Alison
- 335-340 Symposium 5: An American Perspective on the 2010 Increase in the Australian Minimum Wage
by Burkhauser, R.
- 341-345 Symposium 6: The Annual Wage Review 2009-10 of the Minimum Wage Panel of Fair Work Australia
by Brown, W.
- 346-350 Symposium 7: The Fair Work Australia Minimum Wage Decision Viewed From Afar
by Sloane, Peter J
2010, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 133-153 Work, Life, Flexibility and Workplace Culture in Australia: Results of the 2009 Australian Work and Life Index (AWALI) Survey
by Skinner, Natalie & Pocock, Barbara
- 154-177 The Work-Life Provisions of the Fair Work Act: A Compromise of Stakeholder Preference
by Colley, L. & Waterhouse, J
- 178-193 Working Time Flexibilities: A Paradox in Call Centres?
by Hannif, Z & McDonnell, A & Connell, J & Burgess, J
- 194-213 Working Time Arrangements and Recreation: Making Time for Weekends When Working Long Hours
by Brown, K. & Bradley, L. & Lingard, H. & Townsend, K & Ling, S.
- 214-235 Central Policies, Local Discretion: A Review of Employee Access to Work-Life Balance Arrangements in a Public Sector Agency
by Colley, L.
- 25968 Balancing Work, Family and Life: Introduction to the Special Edition
by Burgess, J & Waterhouse, J
2010, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-28 Careers of South Australian health Professional Graduates
by Carson, E. & Szuster, F.
- 29-83 Which of Australia's Baby Boomers Expect to Delay their Retirement? An Occupational Overview
by Jackson, N & Walter, Maggie
- 84-102 Crossing the Great Divide: a Case Study of a Regional Nursing Labour Market in the Central West of New South Wales
by Hicks, J & Basu, P K & Latham, H & Tyson, G & Daniel, M & Sappey, R B
- 103-120 Learning with Hard Labour: University Students as Workers
by Robbins, W
- 121-128 Review Article: Death of Labour Law? Comparative Perspectives
by Vranken, M.
2009, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 608-610 Women's Work - Current Issues and Future Agendas
by Baird, M
- 611-628 Women at Work in Australia: Bargaining a Better Position?
by van Wanrooy, B.
- 629-651 Women, Work and Welfare in the Activation State: an Agenda for Australian Research
by Cortis, N. & Meagher, G.
- 652-670 Gender Pay Equity Reform in Australia: What is the Way Forward?
by Smith, Meg
- 671-691 Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave and the Emergence of 'Equality Bargaining' in Australia: an Analysis of Enterprise Agreements, 2003-2007
by Baird, M & Frino, B & Williamson, S
- 692-707 Hope Versus Experience: Career Ambition and the Labour Market Expectations of University Educated Women
by Murray, J
2009, Volume 35, Issue 3
2009, Volume 35, Issue 2
2009, Volume 35, Issue 1
2008, Volume 34, Issue 2
2008, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-27 The Extent and Nature of Exits From the Disability Support Pension
by Cai, L. & Vu, H. & Wilkins, R.
- 28-46 Information Privacy and Employee Records in Australia: Which Way Forward?
by Pyman, A. & O'Rourke, A. & Teicher, J.
- 47-63 Fighting Back: Workplace Sexual Harassment and the Case of North Country
by McDonald, Paula & Backstrom, Sandra
- 64-78 Jarhead and Deskilling in the Military: Potential Implications for the Australian Labour Market
by Townsend, K & Charles, M.B.
- 79-99 Labour Force Projections: A Case Study of the Greater Metropolitan Area of New South Wales
by Tan, Yan & Lester, Laurence Howard & Richardson, Susan (Sue)
- 100-124 Skill: An Elusive and Ambiguous Concept in Labour Market Studies
by Esposto, A.
2007, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 129-133 Taking care: work and family policy issues for Australia
by Baird, M & Whitehouse, G
- 134-157 Maternity Leave and Return to Work in Australia - Accessibility and Use in a State Utility
by Diamond, C & Baird, M & Whitehouse, G
- 158-179 Paid Maternity Leave in 'Best Practice' Organisations: Introduction, Implementation and Organisational Context
by Charlesworth, S
- 180-201 Marginalising Women in the Labour Market: 'Wage Scarring' Effects of Part-time Work
by Chalmers, J. & Hill, T.
- 202-225 What Does Family-Friendly Really Mean? Wellbeing, Time, and the Quality of Parents' Job
by Strazdins, L & Shipley, M & Broom, D H
- 226-245 Budgeting for Work-Life Balance: The Ideology and Politics of Work and Family Policy in Australia
by Hill, E
- 246-263 The Right to Request Flexible Working: A 'Very British' Approach to Gender (In)Equality?
by Himmelweit, S.
2007, Volume 33, Issue 1
2006, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 315-344 Will Older Workers Change Their Retirement Plans in Line with Government Thinking? A Review of Recent Literature on Retirement Intentions
by Jackson, N & Walter, Maggie & Felmingham, B & Spinaze, A
- 345-364 The Changing Contours of Labour Disputes and Conflict Resolution in Australia: Towards a Post-Arbitral Measurement Framework
by Briggs, C
- 365-380 Protecting Employee Entitlements: Corporate Governance and Industrial Democracy in Australia
by Burgess, J & Lewer, J & Waring, P
- 381-400 Voting with Their Feet: Family Friendliness and Parent Employment in Australian Industries, 1981-2001
by Strazdins, L & Broom, D H & Mayerkort, S & Warren, B
- 401-420 Labour Market Reforms and Lockouts in New Zealand
by Perry, L J
- 421-449 Insider Power, Outsider Ineffectiveness and Wage Setting Institutions: Evidence from Australia
by Dobbie, M.
2006, Volume 32, Issue 3
2006, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 103-113 Transitional Labour Markets: A Social Investment and Risk Mitigation Strategy for Social Policy
by Hancock, L. & Howe, B. & Considine, M.
- 114-138 Transitional Labour Markets: Experiences From Europe and Germany
by Schmidt, G.
- 139-162 Labour Market Flexibility and Social Protection in European Welfare States - Contrasts and Similarities
by Madsen, P.K.
- 163-182 Increasing Employment Participation in Australia and How to Finance it
by Keating, Michael
- 183-201 Beyond Voodoo Economics and Backlash Social Policy: Where Next for Working Life Research and Policy
by Buchanan, J & Watson, I & Briggs, C & Campbell, I
2006, Volume 32, Issue 1
2005, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 304-320 Choosing to be a Nurse, Remaining a Nurse and Leaving Nursing in Western Australia: Nursing Workforce Issues in the Twenty-first Century
by Nowakq, M
- 321-349 Registered Nurses: Who are They and What do They Want?
by Preston, A
- 350-383 Who’d be a Nurse? Some Evidence on Career Choice in Australia
by Dockery, Alfred Michael & Barns, Angela
- 384-406 Nursing Careers: What Motivated Nurses to Choose their Profession?
by McCabe, R & Nowak, M & Mullen, S
- 407-425 Nurses' Voices
by Nowak, M & Bickley, M
- 426-439 Increasing Retention of Nursing Staff at Hospitals: Aspects of Management and Leadership
by Naude, M & McCable, R
2005, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 189-209 The Coalition’s Proposed Industrial Relations Changes: an Interim Assessment
by Howe, J & Mitchell, R & Murray, J & O’Donnell, A & Patmore, G
- 210-236 A Simple Plan for Reform? The Problem of Complexity in Workplace Regulation
by Stewart, A
- 237-254 The Case For Unfair Dismissal Reform: A Review Of The Evidence
by Robbins, William
- 255-269 The Variable Impact of New Public Management and Budget Cuts on the Work Intensification of Nurses and Doctors in one Public Hospital in South Australia Between 1994 and 2000
by Willis, Eileen Mary
- 270-294 Industry Representation, Structural Change and the Older Male Worker in Australia (1985 to 2005)
by O'Brien, M
- 295-303 Australiaʼs 1990s Productivity Surge: A Response to Keith Hancockʼs Challenge
by Parham, D
2005, Volume 31, Issue 2
2005, Volume 31, Issue 1
2004, Volume 30, Issue 2
2004, Volume 30, Issue 1
2003, Volume 29, Issue 3
2003, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 113-125 Flexible measures for a flexible labour market
by Denniss, R
- 126-142 Race against time: Extended hours in Australia
by Peetz, D & Townsend, K & Russell, B & Houghton, C & Allan, C & Fox, A
- 143-161 Beyond performance indicators: A case study in aged care
by Stack, S
- 162-176 Management responses to unions in Australian call centres: Exclude, tolerate or embrace?
by Todd, P & Still, L & Skene, J & Eveline, J
- 177-193 Structural change in Australian trade unionism, 1969 - 1996: A structural events approach
by Hose, K
2003, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-13 Employment entitlements: Development, access, flexibility and protection
by Burgess, J & Baird, M
- 14-30 Legislating for benefits - NSW 1941-1958
by Patmore, G
- 31-45 Protection for employment entitlements: A legal perspective
by Riley, J
- 46-61 Employment benefits in enterprise agreements: An overview
by McGrath-Champ, S
- 62-75 Employment entitlements and casual status: Lessons from two Queensland cases
by Whitehouse, G & Rooney, T
- 76-96 Bargaining for welfare: Gender consequences of Australia's dual welfare model
by Jefferson, Therese & Preston, Alison
- 97-109 Paid maternity leave: The good, the bad, the ugly
by Baird, M
2002, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 231-246 Drought, regions and the Australian economy between 2001-02 and 2004-05
by Adams, Philip D & Horridge, Mark & Madden, John R & Wittwer, Glyn
- 247-271 Self-employment programs and outcomes for disadvantaged jobseekers
by Kelly, Ross & Mulvey, Charles & Lewis, Philip E T
- 272-283 In search of flexibility: Implications for temporary agency workers and human resource management
by Connell, J & Burgess, J
- 284-299 The impact of industrial relations systems on training: Evidence from selected industrialised economies
by Lansbury, R.D & Pickersgill, R
2002, Volume 28, Issue 3
2002, Volume 28, Issue 2