Growth with Gender Inequity: Another Look at East Asian Development
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wen-Chi Grace Chou & Patricia Fosh & Deborah Foster, 2005. "Female Managers in Taiwan: Opportunities and Barriers in Changing Times," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 251-266, June.
- Gunseli Berik, 2000. "Mature Export-Led Growth and Gender Wage Inequality in Taiwan," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 1-26.
- Dani Rodrik, 1993.
"Taking Trade Policy Seriously: Export Subsidization as a Case Study in Policy Effectiveness,"
NBER Working Papers
4567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1994. "Taking Trade Policy Seriously: Export Subsidization as a Case Study in Policy Effectiveness," CEPR Discussion Papers 900, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephanie Seguino, 1997. "Gender wage inequality and export-led growth in South Korea," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 102-132.
- Gindling, T. H. & Sun, Way, 2002. "Higher education planning and the wages of workers with higher education in Taiwan," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 153-169, April.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2000. "The Effects of Structural Change and Economic Liberalisation on Gender Wage Differentials in South Korea and Taiwan," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(4), pages 437-459, July.
- Ranis, Gustav, 1995. "Another Look at the East Asian Miracle," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 509-534, September.
- Kwong-Leung Tang, 1998. "East Asian Newly Industrializing Countries: Economic Growth and Quality of Life," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 69-96, February.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1995. "East Asian Experience and Endogenous Growth Theory," NBER Chapters,in: Growth Theories in Light of the East Asian Experience, NBER-EASE Volume 4, pages 9-36 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monica Das Gupta & Jiang Zhenghua & Li Bohua & Xie Zhenming & Woojin Chung & Bae Hwa-Ok, 2003.
"Why is Son preference so persistent in East and South Asia? a cross-country study of China, India and the Republic of Korea,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 153-187.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Jiang Zhenghua & Li Bohua & Xie Zhenming & Woojin Chung & Bae Hwa-Ok, 2002. "Why is son preference so persistent in East and South Asia? a cross-country study of China, India, and the Republic of Korea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2942, The World Bank.
- Hay Woo, Jennie, 1991. "Education and economic growth in Taiwan: A case of successful planning," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1029-1044, August.
- Gannicott, Kenneth, 1986. "Women, Wages, and Discrimination: Some Evidence from Taiwan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 721-730, July.
- Hye-Ryun Kang & Chris Rowley, 2005. "Women in Management in South Korea: Advancement or Retrenchment?," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 213-231, June.
- Elson, Diane, 1999. "Labor Markets as Gendered Institutions: Equality, Efficiency and Empowerment Issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 611-627, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:484309 is not listed on IDEAS
- Goulding, Kristine., 2013. "Gender dimensions of national employment policies : a 24-country study," ILO Working Papers 994835833402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:483583 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephanie Seguino, 2008. "Gender, Distribution, and Balance of Payments (revised 10/08)," Working Papers wp133_revised, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Goulding, Kristine., 2013. "Gender dimensions of national employment policies : a 24-country study," ILO Working Papers 994843093402676, International Labour Organization.
- Purna Banerjee & C. Veeramani, 2015. "Trade Liberalisation and Womenâ€™s Employment Intensity: Analysis of Indiaâ€™s Manufacturing," Working Papers id:7044, eSocialSciences.
- Purna Banerjee & C. Veeramani, 2015. "Trade liberalisation and women's employment intensity: Analysis of India's manufacturing industries," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2015-018, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
Keywordsgender wage inequality; discrimination; economic development; Korea; Taiwan;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-03-25 (China)
- NEP-LAB-2006-03-25 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2006-03-25 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2006-03-25 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uta:papers:2006_03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuutus.html .