East Asian Newly Industrializing Countries: Economic Growth and Quality of Life
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- N/A, 1985. "Asia," India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, , vol. 41(1), pages 80-87, January.
- Ahluwalia, Montek S., 1976. "Inequality, poverty and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 307-342, December.
- Islam, Iyanatul & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 1986. "Export-Led Development, Labour-Market Conditions and the Distribution of Income: The Case of Singapore," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 113-127, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seguino, Stephanie, 2002. "Gender, quality of life, and growth in Asia 1070 to 1990," MPRA Paper 6547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Doh Shin & Conrad Rutkowski & Chong-Min Park, 2003. "The Quality of Life in Korea: Comparative and Dynamic Perspectives," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 62(1), pages 3-16, April.
- McGuire, James W., 2001. "Social Policy and Mortality Decline in East Asia and Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1673-1697, October.
- Gunseli Berik, 2006. "Growth with Gender Inequity: Another Look at East Asian Development," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2006_03, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Manuel Meireles & Cida Sanches & Samuel Ferreira & José Osvaldo De Sordi & Givaldo Santos, 2016. "Social Efficiency of For-profit Organizations in Brazil: An Empirical Analysis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 909-928, September.
- Takashi Inoguchi & Doh Shin, 2009. "The Quality of Life in Confucian Asia: From Physical Welfare to Subjective Well-being," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 92(2), pages 183-190, June.
- Saleem, Zahabia & Donaldson, John A., 2016. "Pathways to poverty reduction," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67523, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsEast Asia; Newly Industralizing Countries (NICs); social policy; economic development; quality of life measures; poverty; income inequality; environmental degradation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:43:y:1998:i:1:p:69-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.