'Asian capitalism' and the financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Singh, Ajit, 1998. "Asian capitalism and the financial crisis," MPRA Paper 54932, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ajit Singh, 1998. ""Asian Capitalism" and the Financial Crisis," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 1998-15, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ajit Singh, 1998.
"Savings, investment and the corporation in the East Asian miracle,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 112-137.
- Singh, Ajit, 1997. "Savings, investment and the corporation in the East Asian miracle," MPRA Paper 53884, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Ajit, 1997. "Savings, investment and the corporation in the East Asian miracle," MPRA Paper 54994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Calvo, Guillermo A. & Mendoza, Enrique G., 1996.
"Mexico's balance-of-payments crisis: a chronicle of a death foretold,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 235-264, November.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Enrique G. Mendoza, 1996. "Mexico's balance-of-payments crisis: a chronicle of death foretold," International Finance Discussion Papers 545, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- J. Stiglitz, 1998. "More Instruments and Broader Goals: Moving toward the PostWashington Consensus," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Takatoshi Ito & Anne O. Krueger, 1995. "Growth Theories in Light of the East Asian Experience, NBER-EASE Volume 4," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ito_95-2.
- Singh, Ajit, 1994.
"Corporate financial patterns in industrialising economies: a comparative international study,"
54936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, A., 1995. "Corporate Financial Patterns in Industrializing Economies. A Coparative International Study," Papers 2, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Harold L. Cole & Timothy J. Kehoe, 1996. "A self-fulfilling model of Mexico's 1994-95 debt crisis," Staff Report 210, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Amsden, Alice H. & Singh, Ajit, 1994.
"The optimal degree of competition and dynamic efficiency in Japan and Korea,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 941-951, April.
- Amsden, Alice & Singh, Ajit, 1993. "The optimal degree of competition and dynamic efficiency in Japan and Korea," MPRA Paper 54982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cole, Harold L. & Kehoe, Timothy J., 1996. "A self-fulfilling model of Mexico's 1994-1995 debt crisis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 309-330, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Désiré Avo & Sylvie Marie-Louise Eyeffa Ekomo, 2007. "Quinze ans de restructuration bancaire dans la CEMAC : qu’avons-nous appris ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 89(3), pages 183-205.
- Philippe DULBECCO & Jean-Pierre ALLEGRET & COURBIS, 1999.
"Financial Liberalisation and Stability of the Financial System in Emerging Markets: the institutional dimension of financial crises,"
- Jean-Pierre Allegret & Bernard Courbis & Philippe Dulbecco, 2003. "Financial Liberalization and Stability of the Financial System in Emerging Markets: The Institutional Dimension of Financial Crises," Post-Print hal-01659729, HAL.
- Alice N. Sindzingre, 2015.
"Whatever Inconsistencies and Effects? Explaining the Resilience of the Policy Reforms Applied to Developing Countries,"
Forum for Social Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 159-178, August.
- Alice Nicole Sindzingre, 2015. "Whatever Inconsistencies and Effects? Explaining the Resilience of the Policy Reforms Applied to Developing Countries," Post-Print hal-01644136, HAL.
- Kang-Kook Lee & James Crotty, 2004. "Was the IMF's Imposition of Economic Regime Change Justified? A Critique of the IMF's Economic and Political Role in Korea During and After the Crisis," Working Papers wp77, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Philip Arestis, 2003.
"Financial Sector Reforms in Developing Countries with Special Reference to Egypt,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_383, Levy Economics Institute.
- Philip Arestis, 2003. "Financial Sector Reforms in Developing Countries with Special reference to Egypt," Economic History 0307001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Korhonen, Iikka & Ledyaeva, Svetlana, 2010.
"Trade linkages and macroeconomic effects of the price of oil,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 848-856, July.
- Korhonen, Iikka & Ledyaeva, Svetlana, 2008. "Trade linkages and macroeconomic effects of the price of oil," BOFIT Discussion Papers 16/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Singh, Ajit & Weisse, Bruce, 1998. "The Asian model: a crisis foretold," MPRA Paper 54002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Arestis, 2002. "Financial crisis in Southeast Asia: dispelling illusion the Minskyan way," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 237-260, March.
- Saoussen Ben Gamra & Mickaël Clévenot, 2006. "Libéralisation financière et crises bancaires dans les pays émergents," CEPN Working Papers hal-00188615, HAL.
- Jack Glen & Ajit Singh, 2003. "Capital Structure, Rates of Return and Financing Corporate Growth: Comparing Developed and Emerging Markets, 1994-00," Working Papers wp265, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret & Bernard Courbis & Philippe Dulbecco, 2003. "Intermédiation et stabilité financière dans les marchés émergents," Post-Print hal-01660189, HAL.
- Ajit Singh, 2005. "FDI, Globalisation and Economic Development - Towards Reforming National and International Rules of the Game," Working Papers wp304, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsAsian Model; East Asia; Economic Crisis; Policy;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:24937. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.