Asian capitalism and the financial crisis
Abstract With the economic crisis in East Asia and a continuing boom in the US, American triumphialism is in the air. The latter is perhaps not unexpected and probably does no harm. But what is more questionable is the view held in the highest circles in the US Government and international financial organisations in Washington which causally links the so-called Asian model of capitalism to the economic and financial crisis which is currently engulfing the hitherto highly successful economies of East and South East Asia.
|Date of creation:||19 Aug 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Takatoshi Ito & Anne O. Krueger, 1995. "Growth Theories in Light of the East Asian Experience, NBER-EASE Volume 4," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number ito_95-2, August.
- Harold L. Cole & Timothy J. Kehoe, 1996. "A self-fulfilling model of Mexico's 1994-95 debt crisis," Staff Report 210, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Singh, Ajit, 1994.
"Corporate financial patterns in industrialising economies: a comparative international study,"
54936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, A., 1995. "Corporate Financial Patterns in Industrializing Economies. A Coparative International Study," Papers 2, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- J. Stiglitz, 1998. "More Instruments and Broader Goals: Moving toward the PostWashington Consensus," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Ajit Singh, 1998.
"Savings, investment and the corporation in the East Asian miracle,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 112-137.
- Singh, Ajit, 1997. "Savings, investment and the corporation in the East Asian miracle," MPRA Paper 53884, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Ajit, 1997. "Savings, investment and the corporation in the East Asian miracle," MPRA Paper 54994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Calvo, Guillermo A. & Mendoza, Enrique G., 1996.
"Mexico's balance-of-payments crisis: a chronicle of a death foretold,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 235-264, November.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Enrique G. Mendoza, 1996. "Mexico's balance-of-payments crisis: a chronicle of death foretold," International Finance Discussion Papers 545, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Cole, Harold L. & Kehoe, Timothy J., 1996. "A self-fulfilling model of Mexico's 1994-1995 debt crisis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 309-330, November.
- Amsden, Alice & Singh, Ajit, 1993.
"The optimal degree of competition and dynamic efficiency in Japan and Korea,"
54982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amsden, Alice H. & Singh, Ajit, 1994. "The optimal degree of competition and dynamic efficiency in Japan and Korea," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 941-951, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:54932. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.