Natural Disasters and Remittances: Exploring the Linkages between Poverty, Gender, and Disaster Vulnerability in Caribbean SIDS
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang Dean, 2008.
"Coping with Disaster: The Impact of Hurricanes on International Financial Flows, 1970-2002,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-45, June.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "Coping with Disaster: The Impact of Hurricanes on International Financial Flows, 1970-2002," NBER Working Papers 12794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morduch, Jonathan, 1994. "Poverty and Vulnerability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 221-225, May.
- HwaJung Choi, 2007.
"Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 219-248, May.
- Dean Yang & HwaJung Choi, 2005. "Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines," Working Papers 535, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noy, Ilan & Karim, Azreen, 2013. "Poverty, inequality and natural disasters â€“ A survey," Working Paper Series 2974, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- World Bank, 2012. "Gaining from Migration : Trends and Policy Lessons in the Greater Mekong Sub-region," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13248, The World Bank.
- Azreen Karim & Ilan Noy, 2016. "Poverty And Natural Disasters — A Qualitative Survey Of The Empirical Literature," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(01), pages 1-36, March.
- Sanket Mohapatra & George Joseph & Dilip Ratha, 2012.
"Remittances and natural disasters: ex-post response and contribution to ex-ante preparedness,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 365-387, June.
- Mohapatra, Sanket & Joseph, George & Ratha, Dilip, 2009. "Remittances and natural disasters : ex-post response and contribution to ex-ante preparedness," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4972, The World Bank.
- repec:taf:jdevst:v:54:y:2018:i:3:p:481-500 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2018.
"The Impact of Natural Disasters on Remittances to Low- and Middle-Income Countries,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(3), pages 481-500, March.
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2016. "The Impact of Natural Disasters on Remittances to Low- and Middle-income Countries," CSEF Working Papers 431, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2016. "The Impact of Natural Disasters on Remittances to Low- and Middle-income Countries," Development Working Papers 393, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 30 May 2016.
- Giulia Bettin & Alberto Zazzaro, 2016. "The impact of natural disasters on remittances to low- and middle-income countries," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 120, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- repec:spr:jenvss:v:8:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13412-017-0456-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsnatural disasters; remittances; economics of gender; Jamaica;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.