The Distribution Sector and the Development Process: Are There Patterns? Yes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- James H. Anderson, 2002. "The Distribution Sector and the Development Process: are there Patterns? Yes," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(2), pages 166-176, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arvind Panagariya, 1988. "A Theoretical Explanation of Some Stylized Facts of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(3), pages 509-526.
- Betancourt, Roger R. & Gautschi, David, 1992. "The demand for retail products and the household production model : New views on complementarity and substitutability," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 257-275, March.
- Roger R. Betancourt, 1993. "An Analysis of the U.S. Distribution System," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 135, OECD Publishing.
- Roger Betancourt & Margaret Malanoski, 1999. "An Estimable Model of Supermarket Behavior: Prices, Distribution Services and Some Effects of Competition," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Matsuyama, Kiminori, 1996.
"Start-up costs and pecuniary externalities as barriers to economic development,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 33-59, April.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1992. "Start-up Costs and Pecuniary Externalities as Barriers to Economic Development," Discussion Papers 1031, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1993. "Start-Up Costs and Pecuniary Externalities as Barriers to Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 4363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1995. "Start-up costs and pecuniary externalities as barriers to economic development," Economics Working Papers 142, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ciccone, A. & Matsuyama, K., 1993. "Start-Up Costs and Pecuniary Externalities as Barriers to Economic Development," Papers 533, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Antonio Ciccone & Kiminori Matsuyama, 1993. "Start-up costs and pecuniary externalities as barriers to economic development," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 83, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1996.
"Disparity in wages but not in returns to capital between rich and poor countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 257-270, April.
- Pranab Bardhan., 1993. "Disparity in Wages but not in Returns to Capital between Rich and Poor Countries," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C93-017, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1993. "Disparity in Wages but Not in Returns to Capital between Rich and Poor Countries," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers 233198, University of California-Berkeley, Department of Economics.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "The division of labor and economic development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 3-32, April.
- Locay, Luis, 1990. "Economic Development and the Division of Production between Households and Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 965-982, October.
- Anand, Sudhir & Kanbur, S. M. R., 1993. "Inequality and development A critique," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 19-43, June.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1992. "Productivity in the Distributive Trades: The Shopper and the Economies of Massed Reserves," NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 161-193 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ofer, Gur, 1973. "Returns to Scale in Retail Trade," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 19(4), pages 363-384, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:15:y:2008:i:4:p:296-305 is not listed on IDEAS
- King, Robert P. & Park, Timothy A., 2002. "Modeling Scale Economies In Supermarket Operations: Incorporating The Impacts Of Store Characteristics And Information Technologies," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19881, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Assaf, A. George & Barros, Carlos & Sellers-Rubio, Ricardo, 2011. "Efficiency determinants in retail stores: a Bayesian framework," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 283-292, June.
More about this item
KeywordsDistribution Sector; Development Process; Increasing Returns; Specialization;
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umd:umdeco:99-007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Murrell). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.umd.edu/ .