Retail productivity and scale economies at the firm level: a DEA approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Thrall, R. M., 1992. "Estimation of returns to scale using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 74-84, October.
- Beckman, Theodore N. & Buzzell, Robert D., 1958. "Productivity: Facts and fiction," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 24-38.
- Roger Betancourt & David Gautschi, 1990. "Demand Complementarities, Household Production, and Retail Assortments," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 146-161.
- Brian T. Ratchford & James R. Brown, 1985. "A Study of Productivity Changes in Food Retailing," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(4), pages 292-311.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1992. "Productivity in the Distributive Trades: The Shopper and the Economies of Massed Reserves," NBER Chapters,in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 161-193 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Ofer, Gur, 1973. "Returns to Scale in Retail Trade," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 19(4), pages 363-384, December.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Chang, Hsihui & Cooper, William W., 1996. "Equivalence and implementation of alternative methods for determining returns to scale in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 473-481, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2013.
"The productivity challenge in services: measurement and strategic perspectives,"
The Service Industries Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(3-4), pages 282-299, February.
- Faridah Djellal & Faïz Gallouj, 2013. "The productivity Challenge in Services: Measurement and Strategic Perspectives," Post-Print halshs-01133198, HAL.
- Kao, Chiang, 2014. "Network data envelopment analysis: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(1), pages 1-16.
- Duzakin, Erkut & Duzakin, Hatice, 2007. "Measuring the performance of manufacturing firms with super slacks based model of data envelopment analysis: An application of 500 major industrial enterprises in Turkey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(3), pages 1412-1432, November.
- Dong-hyun Oh & Hans Loof & Almas Heshmati, 2009.
"The Icelandic Economy: A Victim of the Financial Crisis or Simply Inefficient?,"
TEMEP Discussion Papers
200916, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Sep 2009.
- Oh, Dong-Hyun & Lööf, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2009. "The Icelandic Economy: a victim of the financial crisis or simply inefficient?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 199, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Briec, Walter & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 2009.
"Multi-horizon Markowitz portfolio performance appraisals: A general approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 50-62, February.
- K. Kerstens, 2006. "Multi-Horizon Markowitz Porfolio Performance Appraisals : A General approach," Post-Print hal-00288784, HAL.
- W. Briec & K. Kerstens, 2009. "Multi-horizon markowitz portfolio performance appraisals : a general approach," Post-Print hal-00288174, HAL.
- Botti, Laurent & Briec, Walter & Cliquet, Gérard, 2009. "Plural forms versus franchise and company-owned systems: A DEA approach of hotel chain performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 566-578, June.
- Timothy Park & Robert King, 2007. "Evaluating food retailing efficiency: the role of information technology," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 101-113, April.
- Park, Timothy A., 2014.
"Assessing Performance Impacts in Food Retail Distribution Systems: A Stochastic Frontier Model Correcting for Sample Selection,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(03), pages 373-389, December.
- Park, Timothy A., 2014. "Assessing Performance Impacts in Food Retail Distribution Systems: A Stochastic Frontier Model Correcting for Sample Selection," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 43(3), December.
- Park, Timothy A., 0. "Assessing Performance Impacts in Food Retail Distribution Systems: A Stochastic Frontier Model Correcting for Sample Selection," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association.
- Assaf, A. George & Barros, Carlos & Sellers-Rubio, Ricardo, 2011. "Efficiency determinants in retail stores: a Bayesian framework," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 283-292, June.
- Fu, Xiaolan & Helmers, Christian & Zhang, Jing, 2012. "The two faces of foreign management capabilities: FDI and productive efficiency in the UK retail sector," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 71-88.
- Lau, Kwok Hung, 2013. "Measuring distribution efficiency of a retail network through data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 598-611.
- Mónika-Anetta Alt, 2012. "Measuring Romanian do-it-yourself retail chain’s efficiency during the economic crisis," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 24(1), pages 85-102.
- Ho, Dong-huyn & Lööf, Hans, 2009. "Creating Innovations, Productivity and Growth - the efficiency of Icelandic firms," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 162, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Francisco J. Más & Ricardo Sellers, 2006. "Technical Efficiency In The Retail Food Industry: The Influence Of Inventory Investment, Wage Levels, And Age Of The Firm," Working Papers. Serie EC 2006-15, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Keh, Hean Tat & Chu, Singfat & Xu, Jiye, 2006. "Efficiency, effectiveness and productivity of marketing in services," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 265-276, April.
- Matthew Sveum & Michael Sykuta, 2016. "Making a Motivated Manager: A Census Data Investigation into Efficiency Differences Between Franchisee and Franchisor-Owned Restaurants," Working Papers 16-54, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1629-:d:111824 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity Retailing DEA Distribution services;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jomega:v:31:y:2003:i:2:p:75-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.