Combining Minimum Wage and Earned Income Tax Credit Policies to Guarantee a Decent Living Standard to All U.S. Workers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008. "The Unintended Consequences of Encouraging Work: Tax Incidence and the EITC," Working Papers 1049, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2011.
"Does a Higher Minimum Wage Enhance the Effectiveness of the Earned Income Tax Credit?,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 64(4), pages 712-746, July.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2007. "Does a Higher Minimum Wage Enhance the Effectiveness of The Earned Income Tax Credit?," NBER Working Papers 12915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Falvey, Rodney E & Gemmell, Norman, 1996. "Are Services Income-Elastic? Some New Evidence," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(3), pages 257-269, September.
- Vicki A. McCracken & Jon A. Brandt, 1987. "Household Consumption of Food-Away-From-Home: Total Expenditure and by Type of Food Facility," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 69(2), pages 274-284.
- Jekanowski, Mark D. & Binkley, James K. & Eales, James S., 2001. "Convenience, Accessibility, And The Demand For Fast Food," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Lee, Chinkook & Schluter, Gerald E. & O'Roark, Brian, 2000. "How Much Would Increasing the Minimum Wage Affect Food Prices?," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33598, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Nicholas E. Piggott, 2003. "The Nested PIGLOG Model: An Application to U.S. Food Demand," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 1-15.
- Dean Baker & Robert Pollin & Travis McArthur & Matt Sherman, 2009.
"The Potential Revenue from Financial Transactions Taxes,"
CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs
2009-50, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Dean Baker & Robert Pollin & Travis McArthur & Matt Sherman, 2009. "The Potential Revenue from Financial Transactions Taxes," Working Papers wp212, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- David Fairris & Leon Fernandez Bujanda, 2008. "The Dissipation of Minimum Wage Gains for Workers through Labor-Labor Substitution: Evidence from the Los Angeles Living Wage Ordinance," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 473-496, October.
- repec:pri:cepsud:165rothstein is not listed on IDEAS
- Hristos Doucouliagos & T. D. Stanley, 2009. "Publication Selection Bias in Minimum-Wage Research? A Meta-Regression Analysis," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 47(2), pages 406-428, June.
- Daniel Aaronson & Eric French & James MacDonald, 2008. "The Minimum Wage, Restaurant Prices, and Labor Market Structure," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(3), pages 688-720.
- Timothy J. Richards & Stephen F. Hamilton, 2006. "Rivalry in Price and Variety among Supermarket Retailers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(3), pages 710-726.
- Maximilian D. Schmeiser, 2012. "Expanding New York State's Earned Income Tax Credit Programme: the effect on work, income and poverty," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(16), pages 2035-2050, June.
- Doucouliagos, Hristos & Stanley, T. D., 2008. "Publication selection bias inminimum-wage research? A meta-regression analysis," Economics Series eco_2008_14, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Jon P. Nelson, 2001. "Hard at Play! The Growth of Recreation in Consumer Budgets, 1959-1998," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 27(1), pages 35-53, Winter.
- Arindrajit Dube & T. William Lester & Michael Reich, 2010.
"Minimum Wage Effects Across State Borders: Estimates Using Contiguous Counties,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 92(4), pages 945-964, November.
- Dube, Andrajit & Lester, T. William & Reich, Michael, 2010. "Minimum Wage Effects Across State Borders: Estimates Using Contiguous Counties," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt86w5m90m, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- John L. Park & Rodney B. Holcomb & Kellie Curry Raper & Oral Capps, 1996. "A Demand Systems Analysis of Food Commodities by U.S. Households Segmented by Income," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 290-300.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aaron Pacitti & W. Scott Trees, 2013. "Minimum Wages and Economic Justice: A Classroom Exercise," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 59-69, March.
More about this item
KeywordsLiving wage; minimum wage; working poor; tipping point; earned income tax credit; labor standards;
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
- J88 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uma:perips:peri_mw_eitc_oct2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/permaus.html .