A Differential Game for Renewable Resource Extraction Asymmetric Players and Asynchronous Horizons
In this paper we study a differential game, for resource extraction of a renewable good, in which players are overlapping generations of extractors. The framework of overlapping generation allows us to consider intragenerational (players in the same generation) and intergenerational (players in different generations) game equilibrium. We consider the case in which players, even if identical, face competition in an asymmetric way. Since we consider overlapping generations, players have asynchronous horizons, in contrast with a number of studies in intertemporal exploitation of resources in which players have identical time horizons.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Proceedings of I International Andean Conference and III Colombian Congress on Operation Research - CCIO 2004 - Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.|
|Note:||pdf file is available on request|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.dsems.unifg.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorgen W. Weibull, 1997. "Evolutionary Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262731215, June.
- Dockner, Engelbert & Feichtinger, Gustav & Mehlmann, Alexander, 1989. "Noncooperative solutions for a differential game model of fishery," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Solow, Robert M, 1986. " On the Intergenerational Allocation of Natural Resources," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 141-49.
- Luca Grilli, 2003. "Giochi Differenziali con Orizzonti Asincroni e Applicazioni alla Gestione delle Risorse Rinnovabili," Quaderni DSEMS lg_phd_2003, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Masatoshi Yoshida, 1998. "Nash Equilibrium Dynamics of Environmental and Human Capital," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 357-377, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521637329 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riley, John G., 1980. "The just rate of depletion of a natural resource," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 291-307, December.
- Mourmouras, Alex, 1993. "Conservationist government policies and intergenerational equity in an overlapping generations model with renewable resources," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 249-268, June.
- Burton Peter S., 1993.
"Intertemporal Preferences and Intergenerational Equity Considerations in Optimal Resource Harvesting,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 119-132, March.
- Burton, P.S., 1991. "Intertemporal Preferences and Intergenerational Equity Considerations in Optimal Resource Harvesting," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 91-06, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- R. M. Solow, 1973. "Intergenerational Equity and Exhaustable Resources," Working papers 103, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Chiarella, Carl, et al, 1984. "On the Economics of International Fisheries," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(1), pages 85-92, February.
- Kemp, Murray C & Long, Ngo Van, 1983. "On the Economics of Forests," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(1), pages 113-31, February.
- Kaitala, Veijo, 1993. "Equilibria in a stochastic resource management game under imperfect information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 439-453, December.
- John, A & Pecchenino, R, 1994. "An Overlapping Generations Model of Growth and the Environment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1393-1410, November.
- Carrera, Carmen & Moran, Manuel, 1995. "General dynamics in overlapping generations models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 813-830, May.
- Luca Grilli, 2003. "Resource extraction activity: an intergenerational approach," Quaderni DSEMS 01-2003, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche, Matematiche e Statistiche, Universita' di Foggia.
- Fischer, Ronald D. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1992. "Strategic dynamic interaction : Fish wars," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 267-287, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ufg:qdsems:lg_cart_2004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luca Grilli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.