Mortgage Choice as a Natural Field Experiment on Choice Under Risk
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Philomena M. Bacon & Peter G. Moffatt, 2012. "Mortgage Choice as a Natural Field Experiment on Choice under Risk," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44(7), pages 1401-1426, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard A. Phillips & James H. VanderHoff, 1994. "Alternative Mortgage Instruments, Qualification Constraints and the Demand for Housing: An Empirical Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 22(3), pages 453-477, September.
- Thierry Post & Martijn J. van den Assem & Guido Baltussen & Richard H. Thaler, 2008. "Deal or No Deal? Decision Making under Risk in a Large-Payoff Game Show," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 38-71, March.
- Masclet, David & Colombier, Nathalie & Denant-Boemont, Laurent & Lohéac, Youenn, 2009.
"Group and individual risk preferences: A lottery-choice experiment with self-employed and salaried workers,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 470-484, June.
- David Masclet & Nathalie Colombier & Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Youenn Lohéac, 2009. "Group and individual risk preferences : a lottery-choice experiment with self-employed and salaried workers," Post-Print halshs-00196559, HAL.
- David Masclet & Youenn Loheac & Laurent Denant-Boemont & Nathalie Colombier, 2004.
"Group and individual risk preferences : a lottery-choice experiment,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
bla06063, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), revised Sep 2006.
- David Masclet & Youenn Loheac & Laurent Denant-Boèmont & Nathalie Colombier, 2006. "Group and individual risk preferences: a lottery-choice experiment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00118973, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Ziegelmeyer, Michael, 2014.
"Household Risk Management and Actual Mortgage Choice in the Euro Area,"
MEA discussion paper series
201406, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Michael Ehrmann & Michael Ziegelmeyer, 2014. "Household Risk Management and Actual Mortgage Choice in the Euro Area," Staff Working Papers 14-1, Bank of Canada.
- Michael Ehrmann & Michael Ziegelmeyer, 2014. "Household Risk Management and Actual Mortgage Choice in the Euro Area," BCL working papers 84, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Ziegelmeyer, Michael, 2014. "Household risk management and actual mortgage choice in the euro area," Working Paper Series 1631, European Central Bank.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:73:y:2018:i:c:p:30-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Byrne, David & Kelly, Robert & O'Toole, Conor, 2017. "How does monetary policy pass-through affect mortgage default? Evidence from the Irish mortgage market," Research Technical Papers 04/RT/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- repec:mea:meawpa:14283 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ksa:szemle:1724 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alexander N. Bogin & William M. Doerner & William D. Larson, 2016.
"Missing the Mark: House Price Index Accuracy and Mortgage Credit Modeling,"
2016-010, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- Alexander N. Bogin & William M. Doerner & William D. Larson, 2016. "Missing the Mark: House Price Index Accuracy and Mortgage Credit Modeling," FHFA Staff Working Papers 16-04, Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- Michael Richter, 2017. "Asymmetric Effects on Financial Cycles in a Monetary Union with Diverging Country Preferences for Variable- and Fixed-Rate Mortgages," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 7, pages 19-36, February.
- Bouyon, Sylvain, 2017. "Recent Trends and Developments in European Mortgage Markets," ECRI Papers 12596, Centre for European Policy Studies.
More about this item
Keywordsrisky choice; fixed and variable rate mortgages; counterfactuals; interest rate expectations; ordered probit.;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2010-11-13 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-11-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uea:aepppr:2010_20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Cushan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esueauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.