Geographic Deregulation and Commercial Bank Performance in US State Banking Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Zou, YongDong & Miller, Stephen M. & Malamud, Bernard, 2011. "Geographic deregulation and commercial bank performance in U.S. state banking markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 28-35, February.
- YongDong Zou & Stephen M. Miller & Bernard Malamud, 2008. "Geographic Deregulation and Commerical Bank Performance in US State Banking Markets," Working Papers 0802, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 2003.
"Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of US banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-95, January.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2001. "Explaining the Dramatic Changes in Performance of U.S. Banks: Technological Change, Deregulation and Dynamic Changes in Competition," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-22, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2002. "Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of U.S. banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition," Working Papers 01-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Jayaratne, Jith & Strahan, Philip E, 1998. "Entry Restrictions, Industry Evolution, and Dynamic Efficiency: Evidence from Commercial Banking," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 239-273, April.
- Stephen M. Miller & Yongil Jeon, 2003.
"Deregulation and Structural Change in the U.S. Commercial Banking Industry,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 391-414, Summer.
- Yongil Jeon & Stephen M. Miller, 2001. "Deregulation and Structural Change in the U.S. Commercial Banking Industry," Working papers 2001-07, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Steven Pilloff & Stephen Rhoades, 2002. "Structure and Profitability in Banking Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(1), pages 81-98, February.
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stiroh, Kevin J & Strahan, Philip E, 2003. " Competitive Dynamics of Deregulation: Evidence from U.S. Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(5), pages 801-828, October.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Heron, Randall A., 1998. "The interstate banking and branching efficiency act of 1994: A wealth event for acquisition targets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 175-196, February.
- Nippani, Srinivas & Green, Kenneth Jr., 2002. "The banking industry after the Riegle-Neal Act: re-structure and overall performance," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 901-909.
- David P. Ely & Kenneth J. Robinson, 2001. "Consolidation, technology, and the changing structure of banks' small business lending," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q I, pages 23-32.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Kane, Edward J, 1996. "De Jure Interstate Banking: Why Only Now?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 141-161, May.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1997. "The benefits of branching deregulation," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 13-29.
- Yongil Jeon & Stephen M. Miller, 2007. "Births, Deaths, And Marriages In The U.S. Commercial Banking Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(2), pages 325-341, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chortareas, Georgios & Kapetanios, George & Ventouri, Alexia, 2016. "Credit market freedom and cost efficiency in US state banking," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 173-185.
- Srinivas Nippani & Kenneth M. Washer & N.R. Vasudeva Murthy, 2013. "Size and Day-of-the-Week Effect in the Banking Industry: A Comparative Analysis Based on Economic Conditions," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(3), pages 1-9, July.
- Fredriksson, Antti & Moro, Andrea, 2014. "Bank–SMEs relationships and banks’ risk-adjusted profitability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 67-77.
- Kondo, Kazumine, 2014. "Cross-Prefecture Expansion of Regional Banks in Japan and Its Effects on Lending-Based Income," MPRA Paper 52978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ken B. Cyree, 2016. "The Effects Of Regulatory Compliance For Small Banks Around Crisis-Based Regulation," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 215-246, September.
More about this item
Keywordscommercial banks; geographic deregulation; bank performance;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2008-08-31 (Banking)
- NEP-EFF-2008-08-31 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FMK-2008-08-31 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MAC-2008-08-31 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2008-08-31 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2008-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .