Geographic Deregulation and Commerical Bank Performance in US State Banking Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- YongDong Zou & Stephen M. Miller & Bernard Malamud, 2008. "Geographic Deregulation and Commercial Bank Performance in US State Banking Markets," Working papers 2008-25, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 2003.
"Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of US banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 57-95, January.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2001. "Explaining the Dramatic Changes in Performance of U.S. Banks: Technological Change, Deregulation and Dynamic Changes in Competition," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-22, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 2002. "Explaining the dramatic changes in performance of U.S. banks: technological change, deregulation, and dynamic changes in competition," Working Papers 01-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Jayaratne, Jith & Strahan, Philip E, 1998. "Entry Restrictions, Industry Evolution, and Dynamic Efficiency: Evidence from Commercial Banking," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(1), pages 239-273, April.
- Stephen M. Miller & Yongil Jeon, 2003.
"Deregulation and Structural Change in the U.S. Commercial Banking Industry,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 391-414, Summer.
- Yongil Jeon & Stephen M. Miller, 2001. "Deregulation and Structural Change in the U.S. Commercial Banking Industry," Working papers 2001-07, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Steven Pilloff & Stephen Rhoades, 2002. "Structure and Profitability in Banking Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(1), pages 81-98, February.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Heron, Randall A., 1998. "The interstate banking and branching efficiency act of 1994: A wealth event for acquisition targets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 175-196, February.
- David P. Ely & Kenneth J. Robinson, 2001. "Consolidation, technology, and the changing structure of banks' small business lending," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q I, pages 23-32.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Kane, Edward J, 1996. "De Jure Interstate Banking: Why Only Now?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 141-161, May.
- Jith Jayaratne & Philip E. Strahan, 1997. "The benefits of branching deregulation," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 13-29.
- Yongil Jeon & Stephen M. Miller, 2007. "Births, Deaths, And Marriages In The U.S. Commercial Banking Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(2), pages 325-341, April.
More about this item
Keywordscommercial banks; geographic deregulation; bank performance;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2008-11-25 (Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2008-11-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2008-11-25 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nlv:wpaper:0802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bill Robinson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/denlvus.html .