The Past, Present and Future of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA): A Historical Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raphael W. Bostic & Breck L. Robinson, 2003. "Do CRA Agreements Influence Lending Patterns?," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 31(1), pages 23-51, March.
- Stephen L. Ross & John Yinger, 2002. "The Color of Credit: Mortgage Discrimination, Research Methodology, and Fair-Lending Enforcement," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182289, January.
- Glenn B. Canner & Elizabeth Laderman & Andreas Lehnert & Wayne Passmore, 2002. "Does the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) cause banks to provide a subsidy to some mortgage borrowers?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jeffrey M. Lacker, 1995. "Neighborhoods and banking," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 13-38.
- Anjan V. Thakor & Jess C. Beltz, 1994.
"A "barter" theory of bank regulation and credit allocation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 679-709.
- Thakor, Anjan V & Beltz, Jess, 1994. "A "Barter" Theory of Bank Regulation and Credit Allocation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 679-705, August.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Lewis M. Segal, 1996. "CRA and fair lending regulations: resulting trends in mortgage lending," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Nov, pages 19-46.
- Glenn B. Canner & Wayne Passmore, 1995. "Implementing CRA: what is the target?," Proceedings 454, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lin, Emily Y., 2001. "Information, Neighborhood Characteristics, and Home Mortgage Lending," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 337-355, March.
- Robert B. Avery & Raphael W. Bostic & Paul S. Calem & Glenn B. Canner, 1999. "Trends in home purchase lending: consolidation and the Community Reinvestment Act," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Feb, pages 81-102.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & Ronnie J. Phillips & L. Randall Wray, 1993. "The Community Reinvestment Act, Lending Discrimination, and the Role of Community Development Banks," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_95, Levy Economics Institute.
- Robert B. Avery & Patricia E. Beeson & Mark S. Sniderman, 1997. "Information dynamics and CRA strategy," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Feb.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David G. Tarr, 2010. "The political, regulatory, and market failures that caused the US financial crisis: What are the lessons?," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(2), pages 163-186, June.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity Reinvestment Act (CRA); Redlining; CRA reforms; Access to credit;
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- H81 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Loans; Loan Guarantees; Credits; Grants; Bailouts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-10-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2004-10-21 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAW-2004-10-21 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2004-10-21 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2004-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .