Capital requirements, loan renegotiation and the borrower's choice of financing source
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mitchell Berlin & Loretta J. Mester, 1992.
"Debt covenants and renegotiation,"
92-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Gorton, G. & Khan, J., 1992.
"The Design of Bank Loan Contracts, Collateral, and Renegociation,"
RCER Working Papers
327, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Gary Gorton & James A. Kahn, 1993. "The Design of Bank Loan Contracts, Collateral, and Renegotiation," NBER Working Papers 4273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ram T. S. Ramakrishnan & Anjan V. Thakor, 1984. "Information Reliability and a Theory of Financial Intermediation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 415-432.
- Bhattacharya Sudipto & Thakor Anjan V., 1993. "Contemporary Banking Theory," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 2-50, October.
- Kahane, Yehuda, 1977. "Capital adequacy and the regulation of financial intermediaries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 207-218, October.
- Charles Jacklin, 1993. "Bank capital requirements and incentives for lending," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 93-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hirshleifer, David & Suh, Yoon, 1992. "Risk, managerial effort, and project choice," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 308-345, September.
- Anjan V. Thakor & Jess C. Beltz, 1994.
"A "barter" theory of bank regulation and credit allocation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 679-709.
- Thakor, Anjan V & Beltz, Jess, 1994. "A "Barter" Theory of Bank Regulation and Credit Allocation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 679-705, August.
- Marcia H. Millon & Anjan V. Thakor, 2004.
"Moral Hazard and Information Sharing: A Model of Financial Information Gathering Agencies,"
- Millon, Marcia H & Thakor, Anjan V, 1985. " Moral Hazard and Information Sharing: A Model of Financial Information Gathering Agencies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(5), pages 1403-1422, December.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Cara S. Lown, 1991. "The Credit Crunch," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(2), pages 205-248.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1994.
"Did risk-based capital allocate bank credit and cause a "credit crunch" in the United States?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 585-633.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1994. "Do Risk-Based Capital Allocate Bank Credit and Cause a "Credit Crunch"' in the United States?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 585-628, August.
- Anjan V. Thakor & Jess C. Beltz, 1993. "An empirical analysis of the costs of regulatory compliance," Proceedings 434, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1993.
"Did risk-based capital allocate bank credit and cause a credit crunch in the U.S.?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
93-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen Berger & Gregory Udell, 1994. "Did Risk-Based Capital Allocate Bank Credit and Cause a `Credit Crunch' in the U.S.?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-07, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1991. "Monitoring and Reputation: The Choice between Bank Loans and Directly Placed Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(4), pages 689-721, August.
- Chemmanur, T.J. & Fulghieri, P., 1992.
"Reputation, Renegotiation, and the Choice Between Bank Loans and Publicity Traded Debt,"
92-24, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J & Fulghieri, Paolo, 1994. "Reputation, Renegotiation, and the Choice between Bank Loans and Publicly Traded Debt," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(3), pages 475-506.
- Charles J. Jacklin, 1993. "Bank capital requirements and incentives for lending," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar, pages -.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Allen, Franklin, 1990. "The market for information and the origin of financial intermediation," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-30, March.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1992. " Insiders and Outsiders: The Choice between Informed and Arm's-Length Debt," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1367-1400, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:19:y:1995:i:3-4:p:693-711. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.