Migration as disaster relief : lessons from the Great Irish Famine
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gr da, Cormac & O'Rourke, Kevin H., 1997. "Migration as disaster relief: Lessons from the Great Irish Famine," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 3-25, April.
- O'Gráda, Cormac & O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 1996. "Migration as Disaster Relief: Lessons from the Great Irish Famine," CEPR Discussion Papers 1462, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joel Mokyr & Cormac Ó Gráda, 1984.
"New Developments in Irish Population History, 1700-1850,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 37(4), pages 473-488, November.
- Joel Mokyr & Cormac Ó Gráda, 1983. "New developments in Irish population history 1700-1850," Working Papers 198317, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Mokyr, Joel & Grada, Cormac O, 1982. "Emigration and poverty in prefamine Ireland," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 360-384, October.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1993.
"After the Famine: Emigration from Ireland, 1850–1913,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(03), pages 575-600, September.
- Hatton, T.J. & Williamson, J.G., 1992. "After the Famine: Emigration from Ireland 1850-1913," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1613, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Robert Summers & Alan Heston, 1991. "The Penn World Table (Mark 5): An Expanded Set of International Comparisons, 1950–1988," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 327-368.
- Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded, 1989. "International labour migration under alternative informational regimes: A diagrammatic analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 127-142, January.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 1995. "The great Irish famine," Open Access publications 10197/363, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Cohn, Raymond L., 1984. "Mortality on Immigrant Voyages to New York, 1836–1853," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 289-300, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noy, Ilan, 2012.
"Natural disasters and economic policy for the Pacific Rim,"
Working Paper Series
2088, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Ilan Noy, 2012. "Natural Disasters and Economic Policy for the Pacific Rim," Working Papers 201201, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Deschacht, Nick & Winter, Anne, 2015. "Rural crisis and rural exodus? Local migration dynamics during the crisis of the 1840s in Flanders (Belgium)," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 32-52.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2003.
"The Era of Free Migration: Lessons for Today,"
Trinity Economics Papers
200315, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Kevin O'Rourke, 2004. "The Era of Free Migration: Lessons for Today," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp018, IIIS.
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Tim Dyson, 2001. "Famine demography : an introduction," Working Papers 200125, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2007. "Making Famine History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 5-38, March.
- Curran, Declan & Fröling, Maria, 2010. "Large-scale mortality shocks and the Great Irish Famine 1845-1852," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1302-1314, September.
- repec:spr:ediscc:v:1:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s41885-017-0003-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran & Viarengo, Martina, 2013.
"The Making of Modern America: Migratory Flows in the Age of Mass Migration,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 23-47.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran & Viarengo, Martina, 2012. "The Making of Modern America: Migratory Flows in the Age of Mass Migration," CEPR Discussion Papers 9248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:104:y:2018:i:c:p:183-196 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIreland--History--Famine; 1845-1852; Ireland--Emigration and immigration;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucn:oapubs:10197/431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicolas Clifton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educdie.html .