Migration as Disaster Relief: Lessons from the Great Irish Famine
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gr da, Cormac & O'Rourke, Kevin H., 1997. "Migration as disaster relief: Lessons from the Great Irish Famine," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 3-25, April.
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 1997. "Migration as disaster relief : lessons from the Great Irish Famine," Open Access publications 10197/431, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joel Mokyr & Cormac Ó Gráda, 1984.
"New Developments in Irish Population History, 1700-1850,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 37(4), pages 473-488, November.
- Joel Mokyr & Cormac Ó Gráda, 1983. "New developments in Irish population history 1700-1850," Working Papers 198317, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Mokyr, Joel & Grada, Cormac O, 1982. "Emigration and poverty in prefamine Ireland," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 360-384, October.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1993.
"After the Famine: Emigration from Ireland, 1850–1913,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 53(03), pages 575-600, September.
- Hatton, T.J. & Williamson, J.G., 1992. "After the Famine: Emigration from Ireland 1850-1913," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1613, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Robert Summers & Alan Heston, 1991. "The Penn World Table (Mark 5): An Expanded Set of International Comparisons, 1950–1988," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 327-368.
- Katz, Eliakim & Stark, Oded, 1989. "International labour migration under alternative informational regimes: A diagrammatic analysis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 127-142, January.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 1995. "The great Irish famine," Open Access publications 10197/363, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Cohn, Raymond L., 1984. "Mortality on Immigrant Voyages to New York, 1836–1853," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 289-300, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noy, Ilan, 2012.
"Natural disasters and economic policy for the Pacific Rim,"
Working Paper Series
2088, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Ilan Noy, 2012. "Natural Disasters and Economic Policy for the Pacific Rim," Working Papers 201201, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Deschacht, Nick & Winter, Anne, 2015. "Rural crisis and rural exodus? Local migration dynamics during the crisis of the 1840s in Flanders (Belgium)," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 32-52.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2003.
"The Era of Free Migration: Lessons for Today,"
Trinity Economics Papers
200315, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Kevin O'Rourke, 2004. "The Era of Free Migration: Lessons for Today," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp018, IIIS.
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Tim Dyson, 2001. "Famine demography : an introduction," Working Papers 200125, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Cormac Ó Gráda, 2007. "Making Famine History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(1), pages 5-38, March.
- Curran, Declan & Fröling, Maria, 2010. "Large-scale mortality shocks and the Great Irish Famine 1845-1852," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1302-1314, September.
- repec:spr:ediscc:v:1:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s41885-017-0003-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran & Viarengo, Martina, 2013.
"The Making of Modern America: Migratory Flows in the Age of Mass Migration,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 23-47.
- Bandiera, Oriana & Rasul, Imran & Viarengo, Martina, 2012. "The Making of Modern America: Migratory Flows in the Age of Mass Migration," CEPR Discussion Papers 9248, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:104:y:2018:i:c:p:183-196 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:1462. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.