200 years diversifying the energy mix? Diversification paths of the energy baskets of European early comers vs. latecomers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sofia Teives Henriques & Paul Sharp, 2016.
"The Danish agricultural revolution in an energy perspective: a case of development with few domestic energy sources,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 69(3), pages 844-869, August.
- Sofia Teives Henriques & Paul Sharp, 2014. "The Danish Agricultural Revolution in an Energy Perspective: A Case of Development with Few Domestic Energy Sources," Working Papers 0056, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Henriques, Sofia Teives & Sharp, Paul, 2015. "The Danish Agricultural Revolution in an Energy Perspective: A Case of Development with Few Domestic Energy Sources," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 217, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Henriques, Sofia Teives & Sharp, Paul, 2014. "The Danish Agricultural Revolution in an Energy Perspective: A Case of Development with Few Domestic Energy Sources," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 9/2014, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Stirling, Andrew, 1994. "Diversity and ignorance in electricity supply investment : Addressing the solution rather than the problem," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 195-216, March.
- Llerena, Daniel & Llerena, Patrick, 1993. "Diversity and valorization of the electricity-generation technologies in the European Community," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 223-232, July.
- van Hove, Leo, 1993. "Diversification of primary energy consumption in six West European countries : Quantification and analysis by means of measures of concentration," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 239-244, October.
- Kander, Astrid, 2005. "Baumol's disease and dematerialization of the economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 119-130, October.
- Rubio, M.d.Mar & Folchi, Mauricio, 2012. "Will small energy consumers be faster in transition? Evidence from the early shift from coal to oil in Latin America," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 50-61.
- Jun, Eunju & Kim, Wonjoon & Chang, Soon Heung, 2009. "The analysis of security cost for different energy sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1894-1901, October.
- Gales, Ben & Kander, Astrid & Malanima, Paolo & Rubio, Mar, 2007. "North versus South: Energy transition and energy intensity in Europe over 200 years," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 219-253, August.
- Kruyt, Bert & van Vuuren, D.P. & de Vries, H.J.M. & Groenenberg, H., 2009. "Indicators for energy security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2166-2181, June.
- Pearson, Peter J.G. & Foxon, Timothy J., 2012. "A low carbon industrial revolution? Insights and challenges from past technological and economic transformations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 117-127.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2005. "On the importance of the supply side in demand-side management," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 165-180, January.
- Gupta, Kartick, 2016. "Oil price shocks, competition, and oil & gas stock returns — Global evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 140-153.
- Weston, J. Fred & Johnson, Brian A. & Siu, Juan A., 1999. "Mergers and restructuring in the world oil industry," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 149-183.
- Doane, Michael J. & McAfee, R. Preston & Nayyar, Ashish & Williams, Michael A., 2008. "Interpreting concentration indices in the secondary market for natural gas transportation: The implication of pipeline residual rights," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 807-817, May.
- Chernenko, Nadia, 2015. "Market power issues in the reformed Russian electricity supply industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 315-323.
- Le Coq, Chloé & Paltseva, Elena, 2009.
"Measuring the security of external energy supply in the European Union,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4474-4481, November.
- Le Coq, Chloe & Paltseva, Elena, 2009. "Measuring the Security of External Energy Supply in the European Union," SITE Working Paper Series 2, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics.
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2008. "Measuring Energy Security – A Conceptual Note," Ruhr Economic Papers 52, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0052 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben Ammar, Semir & Eling, Martin, 2015. "Common risk factors of infrastructure investments," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 257-273.
- Costantini, Valeria & Gracceva, Francesco & Markandya, Anil & Vicini, Giorgio, 2007.
"Security of energy supply: Comparing scenarios from a European perspective,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 210-226, January.
- Giorgio Vicini & Francesco Gracceva & Anil Markandya & Valeria Costantini, 2005. "Security of Energy Supply: Comparing Scenarios From a European Perspective," Working Papers 2005.89, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Rosenbloom, Daniel & Meadowcroft, James, 2014. "The journey towards decarbonization: Exploring socio-technical transitions in the electricity sector in the province of Ontario (1885–2013) and potential low-carbon pathways," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 670-679.
- Stirling, Andy, 2010. "Multicriteria diversity analysis: A novel heuristic framework for appraising energy portfolios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1622-1634, April.
- Gupta, Eshita, 2008. "Oil vulnerability index of oil-importing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1195-1211, March.
- Marcotullio, Peter J. & Schulz, Niels B., 2007. "Comparison of Energy Transitions in the United States and Developing and Industrializing Economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1650-1683, October.
- Genc, Talat S., 2016. "Measuring demand responses to wholesale electricity prices using market power indices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 247-260.
- Quintino, Derick David & David, Sergio Adriani, 2013. "Quantitative analysis of feasibility of hydrous ethanol futures contracts in Brazil," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 927-935.
- Fouquet, Roger, 2016. "Lessons from energy history for climate policy: technological change, demand and economic development," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67785, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywordsenergy mix; energy transitions; energy baskets; energy diversification; energy concentration index; Europe;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- N50 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N70 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2017-04-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2017-04-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uam:wpapeh:201701. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sáiz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauames.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.