The effects of land transfer taxes on real estate markets: Evidence from a natural experiment in Toronto
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ben Dachis & Gilles Duranton & Matthew A. Turner, 2012. "The effects of land transfer taxes on real estate markets: evidence from a natural experiment in Toronto," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 327-354, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jos Van Ommeren & Michiel Van Leuvensteijn, 2005.
"New Evidence of the Effect of Transaction Costs on Residential Mobility,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 681-702.
- Jos van Ommeren & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2002. "New Evidence of the Effect of Transaction Costs on Residential Mobility," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-117/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jos Van Ommeren & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2003. "New evidence of the effect of transaction costs on residential mobility," ERSA conference papers ersa03p7, European Regional Science Association.
- Michiel van Leuvensteijn & J. van Ommeren, 2003. "New evidence of the effect of transaction costs on residential mobility," CPB Discussion Paper 18, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Erzo F. P. Luttmer, 2003. "The Misallocation of Housing Under Rent Control," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1027-1046, September.
More about this item
KeywordsLand transfer tax; property tax; land regulation;
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-02-26 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-AGR-2011-02-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-PBE-2011-02-26 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-02-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tor:tecipa:tecipa-423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePEc Maintainer) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: .