The Welfare Economics of Rural to Urban Migration: The Harris-Todaro Model Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Burda, Michael C & Funke, Michael, 1992.
"Trade Unions, Wages and Structural Adjustment in the New German States,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
652, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Burda & Michael Funke, 1992. "Trade Unions, Wages and Structural Adjustment in the New German States," CESifo Working Paper Series 15, CESifo Group Munich.
- N. Jayaram & Surendra K. Gupta & A.P. Barnabas & Sachchidananda & P.S. Pachauri & M.L. Khattar & B.N. Sampath & H. R. Khanna, 1985. "India," India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, , vol. 41(1), pages 177-179, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Komei Sasaki & Ismail Issah & Tariq Khan, 2004. "Do Migrants React to Infrastructure Difference between Urban and Rural Areas?:Development and Application of an Extended Harris-Todaro Model," ERSA conference papers ersa04p26, European Regional Science Association.
- Clemente, Jesus & Pueyo, Fernando & Sanz, Fernando, 2008. "A migration model with congestion costs: Does the size of government matter," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 300-311, March.
- Pi Jiancai & Zhou Yu, 2015. "Rural Property Rights, Migration, and Welfare in Developing Countries," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 997-1029, July.
- MORITA Tadashi & SAWADA Yukiko & YAMAMOTO Kazuhiro, 2016. "Subsidy Competition, Imperfect Labor Market, and Endogenous Entry of Firms," Discussion papers 16096, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Stephen Drinkwater & Paul Levine & Emanuela Lotti & Joseph Pearlman, 2003. "The Economic Impact of Migration: A Survey," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0103, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Chul-In Lee, 2015. "Agglomeration, search frictions and growth of cities in developing economies," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 55(2), pages 421-451, December.
- Jiancai Pi & Yu Zhou, 2015. "The impacts of corruption on wage inequality and rural–urban migration in developing countries," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(3), pages 753-768, May.
- Roberto A. De Santis, 2003. "The Impact of a Customs Union with the European Union on Internal Migration in Turkey," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 349-372.
- Maureen Kilkenny, 2010. "Urban/Regional Economics And Rural Development," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(1), pages 449-470.
- Pekkala, Sari, 2003. "What Draws People to Urban Growth Centers: Jobs vs. Pay?," Discussion Papers 310, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Sabates, Ricardo, 2000. "Job Search and Migration in Peru," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 30(2).
- Tadashi Morita & Yukiko Sawada & Kazuhiro Yamamoto, 2017. "Subsidy competition, imperfect labor markets, and the endogenous entry of firms," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 17-07, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
More about this item
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sur:surrec:9702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ioannis Lazopoulos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desuruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.