The impact of formal finance on the rural economy of India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hans Binswanger & Shahidur Khandker, 1995. "The impact of formal finance on the rural economy of India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 234-262.
References listed on IDEAS
- N. Jayaram & Surendra K. Gupta & A.P. Barnabas & Sachchidananda & P.S. Pachauri & M.L. Khattar & B.N. Sampath & H. R. Khanna, 1985. "India," India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, , vol. 41(1), pages 177-179, January.
- Khandker, Shahidur R., 1989. "Improving rural wages in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 276, The World Bank.
- Braverman, Avishay & Guasch, J. Luis, 1989. "Rural credit in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 219, The World Bank.
- Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter, 1989. "Agricultural technology and farm-nonfarm growth linkages," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 3(4), pages 345-364, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baiyegunhi, L.J.S. & Fraser, Gavin C.G., 2010. "Determinants of Household Poverty Dynamics in Rural Regions of the Eastern Cape Province, South Africa," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97078, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Wang, J. & Bi, S. & Lyu, K. & Zhang, C., 2018. "Does Formal Credit Constraint Restrain Agricultural Production?," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277536, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Turvey, C. G., 2017. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 10 - Inclusive finance and inclusive rural transformation," IFAD Research Series 280048, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Evans Olaniyi, 2017. "Back to the Land: The Impact of Financial Inclusion on Agriculture in Nigeria," Iranian Economic Review (IER), Faculty of Economics,University of Tehran.Tehran,Iran, vol. 21(4), pages 885-903, Autumn.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Faruqee, Rashid R., 2003. "The impact of farm credit in Pakistan," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 197-213, May.
- Leo Van Hove & Antoine Dubus, 2019. "M-PESA and Financial Inclusion in Kenya: Of Paying Comes Saving?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-26, January.
- Thierry Tressel, 1999. "Financial Intermediation and Growth: Long Run Consequences of Capital Market Imperfections," CSEF Working Papers 20, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Robin Burgess & Rohini Pande, 2005.
"Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 780-795, June.
- Burgess, Robin & Pande, Rohini, 2003. "Do rural banks matter? evidence from the Indian social banking experiment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2244, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Robin Burgess & Rohini Pande, 2004. "Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 04/104, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Robin Burgess & Rohini Pande, 2003. "Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 40, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Burgess, Robin & Pande, Rohini, 2004. "Do Rural Banks Matter? Evidence from the Indian Social Banking Experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 4211, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pradeep Kumar Mohanty & N. Senthil Kumar, 2017. "Measuring farmer’s satisfaction and brand loyalty toward Indian fertilizer brands using DEA," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(5), pages 467-488, October.
- James Ang, 2008. "Private Investment And Financial Sector Policies In Developing Countries," Monash Economics Working Papers 07/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Anastasia Cozarenco & Valentina Hartarska & Ariane Szafarz, 2019. "Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth: The Conflicting Impacts of Subsidies and Deposits on the Cost-Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions," Working Papers CEB 19-001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Masaood Moahid & Keshav Lall Maharjan, 2020. "Factors Affecting Farmers’ Access to Formal and Informal Credit: Evidence from Rural Afghanistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(3), pages 1-16, February.
- Mark Schreiner & Jacob Yaron, 2001. "Development Finance Institutions : Measuring Their Subsidy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13983.
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Rozelle, Scott & Howitt, Richard E. & Wang, Jinxia & Huang, Jikun, 2006. "Irrigation Water Pricing Policy in China," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21241, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pradeep Agrawal, 2015. "Reducing Poverty in India: The Role of Economic Growth," Working Papers id:7693, eSocialSciences.
- Ricardo Luis Chaves Feijo, 2001. "The Impact of a Family Farming Credit Program on the Rural Economy of Brazil," Anais do XXIX Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 29th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 090, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Eusébio, Gabriela Dos Santos & Gori-Maia, Alexandre & Silveira, Rodrigo Lanna F., 2017. "Measuring the Farm Level Impact of Rural Credit: A Two-stage Approach," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258551, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Prasada Mecharla, 2002. "Determinants of Inter-District Variations in Rural Non-Farm Employment in Andhra Pradesh: A District Level Data Analysis," PRUS Working Papers 13, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- Yan Yuan & Lihe Xu, 2013. "What determine the interest rates in China's informal market?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 179-196, August.
- Hueth, Brent M. & Hutchins, Jared, 2018. "Production Credit Associations and Agricultural Productivity Change in the United States, 1920-1940," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274384, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shijun Chai & Yang Chen & Bihong Huang & Dezhu Ye, 2019. "Social networks and informal financial inclusion in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 529-563, June.
- Schreiner, Mark, 1997. "Ways Donors Can Help The Evolution Of Sustainable Microfinance Organizations," Economics and Sociology Occasional Papers - ESO Series 28327, Ohio State University, Department of Agricultural, Environmental and Development Economics.
- Chai, Shijun & Chen, Yang & Huang, Bihong & Ye, Dezhu, 2018. "Social Networks and Informal Financial Inclusion in the People’s Republic of China," ADBI Working Papers 802, Asian Development Bank Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks&Banking Reform; Environmental Economics&Policies; Financial Intermediation; Economic Theory&Research; Agricultural Research;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:949. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.