The Determinants of Base Pay and the Role of Race in Major League Soccer: Evidence from the 2007 League Season
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudio Lucifora & Rob Simmons, 2003. "Superstar Effects in Sport," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 4(1), pages 35-55, February.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Bryson & Bernd Frick & Rob Simmons, 2009.
"The Returns to Scarce Talent: Footedness and Player Remuneration in European Soccer,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0948, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Dr Alex Bryson, 2009. "The Returns to Scarce Talent: Footedness and Player Remuneration in European Soccer," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 339, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Bryson, Alex & Frick, Bernd & Simmons, Rob, 2009. "The returns to scarce talent: footedness and player remuneration in European soccer," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27784, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frick, Bernd, 2012. "Die Entlohnung von Fußball-Profis: Ist die vielfach kritisierte 'Gehaltsexplosion' ökonomisch erklärbar?," Edition HWWI: Chapters,in: Sport und Sportgroßveranstaltungen in Europa - zwischen Zentralstaat und Regionen, pages 79-110 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
More about this item
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2007-12-15 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2007-12-15 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sur:surrec:1907. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ioannis Lazopoulos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desuruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.