Housewives in a dual-earner society. Who is a housewife in contemporary Norway?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- René Böheim & Mark P. Taylor, 2004. "Actual and Preferred Working Hours," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 42(1), pages 149-166, March.
- Ragni Hege Kitterød & Trude Lappegård, 2010. "A typology of work-family arrangements among dual-earner couples in Norway," Discussion Papers 636, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Merz, Joachim, 2002. "Time and Economic Well-Being--A Panel Analysis of Desired versus Actual Working Hours," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 317-346, September.
- Ines Hardoy & Pål Schøne, 2008. "The family gap and family friendly policies: the case of Norway," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(22), pages 2857-2871.
- Heather Boushey, 2008. "“Opting out?” The effect of children on women's employment in the United States," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 1-36.
More about this item
KeywordsHousewife; gender; equality; labour market; unpaid work.;
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2011-08-22 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HME-2011-08-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-08-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2011-08-22 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .