The Pattern of Household Savings during a Hyperinflation The Case of Urban China in the Late 1980s
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aaberge, Rolf & Zhu, Yu, 2001. "The Pattern of Household Savings during a Hyperinflation: The Case of Urban China in the Late 1980s," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(2), pages 181-202, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus S. Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1994. "Saving, Growth, and Aging in Taiwan," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in the Economics of Aging, pages 331-362 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cole, Harold L & Mailath, George J & Postlewaite, Andrew, 1992. "Social Norms, Savings Behavior, and Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(6), pages 1092-1125, December.
- Yingyi Qian, 1988. "Urban and Rural Household Saving in China," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(4), pages 592-627, December.
- Pudney, Stephen, 1993. "Income and Wealth Inequality and the Life Cycle: A Non-parametric Analysis for China," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(3), pages 249-276, July-Sept.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Liu, Kai & Zhu, Yu, 2017.
"Political uncertainty and household savings,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 154-170.
- Rolf Aaberge & Kai Liu & Yu Zhu, 2014. "Political uncertainty and household savings," Discussion Papers 793, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Liu, Kai & Zhu, Yu, 2014. "Political Uncertainty and Household Savings," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 34/2014, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Liu, Kai & Zhu, Yu, 2014. "Political Uncertainty and Household Savings," IZA Discussion Papers 8692, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ismail, Aisha & Rashid, Kashif, 2013. "Determinants of household saving: Cointegrated evidence from Pakistan (1975–2011)," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 524-531.
- Atella, Vincenzo & Brugiavini, Agar & Pace, Noemi, 2015.
"The health care system reform in China: Effects on out-of-pocket expenses and saving,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 182-195.
- Vincenzo Atella & Agar Brugiavini & Noemi Pace, 2013. "The health care system reform in China: effects on out-of-pocket expenses and saving," CEIS Research Paper 296, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 22 Oct 2013.
- Yu Zhu & Zhongmin Wu & Meiyan Wang & Yang Du & Fang Cai, 2011.
"Do Migrants Really Save More? Understanding the Impact of Remittances on Savings in Rural China,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 654-672, June.
- Yu Zhu & Zhongmin Wu & Meiyan Wang & Yang Du & Fang Cai, 2009. "Do Migrants Really Save More? Understanding the Impact of Remittances on Savings in Rural China," Studies in Economics 0923, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Gustafsson, Björn & LI, Shi & Sato, Hiroshi, 2014.
"Data for studying earnings, the distribution of household income and poverty in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 419-431.
- Gustafsson, Björn Anders & Li, Shi & Sato, Hiroshi, 2014. "Data for Studying Earnings, the Distribution of Household Income and Poverty in China," IZA Discussion Papers 8244, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Meng, Xin, 2003. "Unemployment, consumption smoothing, and precautionary saving in urban China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 465-485, September.
- Zhu, Yu, 2002. "Latent total consumption expenditure, unobservable individual preferences and panel data," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 277-293, March.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome; savings; consumer durables.;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .