The Champions League and the Coase Theorem
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael R. Butler, 1995. "Competitive Balance in Major League Baseball," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 39(2), pages 46-52, October.
- Varouj Aivazian & Jeffrey Callen, 2003. "The Core, Transaction Costs, and the Coase Theorem," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 287-299, December.
- La Croix, Sumner J & Kawaura, Akihiko, 1999. "Rule Changes and Competitive Balance in Japanese Professional Baseball," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 37(2), pages 353-368, April.
- Craig Depken, 1999.
"Free-Agency and the Competitiveness of Major League Baseball,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 14(3), pages 205-217, May.
- Craig A. Depken II, 1996. "Free-Agency and the Competitiveness of Major-League Baseball," Industrial Organization 9610001, EconWPA, revised 04 Nov 1996.
- Stefan Szymanski & Stefan KÈsenne, 2004.
"Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 165-177, March.
- SZYMANSKI, Stefan & KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2003. "Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports," Working Papers 2003003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Eckard, E Woodrow, 2001. "Free Agency, Competitive Balance, and Diminishing Returns to Pennant Contention," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(3), pages 430-443, July.
- Stefan KÃ‰senne, 2004. "Competitive Balance and Revenue Sharing," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 5(2), pages 206-212, May.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "Tilting the Playing Field: Why a sports league planner would choose less, not more, competitive balance," Working Papers 0620, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Usher, Dan, 1998. "The Coase theorem is tautological, incoherent or wrong," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 3-11, October.
- Brad R. Humphreys, 2002. "Alternative Measures of Competitive Balance in Sports Leagues," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 133-148, May.
- Thomas Hoehn & Stefan Szymanski, 1999. "The Americanization of European football," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 203-240, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vincent Hogan & Patrick Massey & Shane Massey, 2013.
"Competitive Balance and Match Attendance in European Rugby Union Leagues,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(4), pages 425-446.
- Patrick Massey & Shane Massey & Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan, 2012. "Competitive Balance and Match Attendance in European Rugby Union Leagues," Working Papers 201226, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Trudo Dejonghe & Wim Van Opstal, 2010. "Competitive balance between national leagues in European football after the Bosman Case," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 6(2), pages 41-61, Settembre.
- Tim R. L. Fry & Guillaume Galanos & Alberto Posso, 2014. "Let's Get Messi? Top-Scorer Productivity in the European Champions League," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 61(3), pages 261-279, July.
- Helena Fornwagner, 2017. "Incentives to lose revisited: The NHL and its tournament incentives," Working Papers 2017-07, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Robert A. BAADE & Robert W. BAUMANN & Victor A. MATHESON, 2010.
"Slippery Slope ? Assessing The Economic Impact Of The 2002 Winter Olympic Games In Salt Lake City, Utah,"
Region et Developpement,
Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, pages 81-92.
- Robert Baade & Robert Baumann & Victor Matheson, 2008. "Slippery Slope? Assessing the Economic Impact of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, Utah," Working Papers 0815, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Trudo Dejonghe & Wim Van Opstal, 2008. "The consequences of an open labour market in a closed product market in the economic environment of European professional football," Working Papers 0830, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Scelles, Nicolas & Duran, Christophe & Bonnal, Liliane & Goyeau, Daniel & Andreff, Wladimir, 2016.
"Do all sporting prizes have a significant positive impact on attendance in a European national football league? Competitive intensity in the French Ligue 1,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 3, pages 82-107, June.
- Scelles, Nicolas & Durand, Christophe & Bonnal, Liliane & Goyeau, Daniel & Andreff, Wladimir, 2016. "Do all sporting prizes have a significant positive impact on attendance in a European national football league? Competitive intensity in the French Ligue 1," MPRA Paper 73844, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan & Patrick Massey & Shane Massey, 2014. "Analysing Match Attendance in the European Rugby Cup," Working Papers 201412, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Bernd Frick & Rob Simmons, 2014. "The footballers’ labour market after the Bosman ruling," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 13, pages 203-226 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Haan Marco & Koning Ruud & Witteloostuijn Arjen van, 2012. "The Effects of Institutional Change in European Soccer," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(3), pages 318-335, June.
- Patrick Massey & Shane Massey & Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan, 2012. "Analysing Determinants of Match Attendance in the European Rugby Cup," Working Papers 201228, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Michela Pierini, 2011. "Diritti Tv E Competitive Balance Nel Calcio Professionistico Italiano," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 7(2), pages 87-113, September.
- Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Olsson, Martin & Persson, Lars, 2016. "The Emergence of a Market for Football Stars: Talent Development and Competitive Balance in European Football," Working Paper Series 1126, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Vani K. Borooah & John Mangan, 2012.
"Measuring competitive balance in sports using generalized entropy with an application to English premier league football,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(9), pages 1093-1102, March.
- Vani Borooah & John Edward Mangan, 2011. "Measuring Competitive Balance in Sports using Generalised Entropy with an Application to English Premier League Football," Post-Print hal-00666678, HAL.
More about this item
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-10-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2006-10-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SPO-2006-10-14 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .