Competitive balance between national leagues in European football after the Bosman Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Szymanski, 2007. "The Champions League And The Coase Theorem," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(3), pages 355-373, July.
- Haan, Marco & Koning, Ruud H. & Witteloostuijn, Arjen van, 2002. "Market forces in European soccer," CCSO Working Papers 200211, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Alessandro Baroncelli & Umberto Lago, 2006. "Italian Football," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 7(1), pages 13-28, February.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus, December.
- El-Hodiri, Mohamed & Quirk, James, 1971. "An Economic Model of a Professional Sports League," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1302-1319, Nov.-Dec..
- Trudo Dejonghe, 2004.
"Football in Belgium from centre to semi-periphery: Analyzing the financial ground,"
IASE Conference Papers
0433, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Trudo Dejonghe, 2008. "Football in Belgium from centre to semi-periphery: Analyzing the financial ground," Working Papers 0827, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Trudo Dejonghe, 2005. "Football in Belgium from centre to semi-periphery: Analyzing the financial ground," IASE Conference Papers 0503, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Stephen Hall & Stefan Szymanski & Andrew S. Zimbalist, 2002. "Testing Causality Between Team Performance and Payroll," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(2), pages 149-168, May.
- Umberto Lago, 2006. "The State of the Italian Football Industry," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Sport, chapter 50 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Thomas Ericson, 2000. "The Bosman Case," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 1(3), pages 203-218, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dafeng Xu, 2014. "Who Benefits from Globalization of Labor? Evidence from the 'Bosman Ruling'," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1089, European Regional Science Association.
- Alessandro Baroncelli & Raul Caruso, 2011. "The Organization And Economics Of Italian Serie A: A Brief Overall View," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 7(2), pages 67-85, September.
More about this item
KeywordsBosman Case; competitive balance; professional team sports; European football;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rde:rivdes:201002dejonghe_vanopstal. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raul Caruso). General contact details of provider: http://www.rdes.it/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.