Free Agency, Competitive Balance, and Diminishing Returns to Pennant Contention
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P., 2012. "Competitive balance in the NFL?," Edition HWWI: Chapters,in: Zur Ökonomik von Spitzenleistungen im internationalen Sport, pages 73-84 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Daniel Mizak & Anthony Stair & John Neral, 2007. "The adjusted churn: an index of competitive balance for sports leagues based on changes in team standings over time," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 26(3), pages 1-7.
- Ross Booth, 2005. "Comparing Competitive Balance In Australian Sports Leagues, The Afl, Nbl And Nrl: Does The Afl'S Team Salary Cap And Player Draft Measure Up?," Monash Economics Working Papers 02/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Booth, Ross, 2005. "Comparing Competitive Balance in Australian Sports Leagues: Does a Salary Cap and Player Draft Measure Up?," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 119-143, September.
- yamamura, eiji, 2008.
"Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League,"
10303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League," MPRA Paper 21278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League," MPRA Paper 19965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jennifer K. Ashcraft & Craig A. Depken, II, 2007. "The Introduction of the Reserve Clause in Major League Baseball: Evidence of its Impact on Select Player Salaries During the 1880s," Working Papers 0710, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2003. "Novelty Effects of New Facilities on Attendance at Professional Sporting Events," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 03-101, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Young Lee & Rodney Fort, 2008. "Attendance and the Uncertainty-of-Outcome Hypothesis in Baseball," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 33(4), pages 281-295, December.
- Akihiko Kawaura & Sumner J. La Croix, 2007.
"The Designated Hitter Rule and Team Defensive Strategy in Japan's Professional Baseball Leagues,"
Journal of Sports Economics,
, vol. 8(5), pages 491-504, October.
- Akihiko Kawaura & Sumner J. La Croix, 2005. "The Designated Hitter Rule and Team Defensive Strategy in Japan's Professional Baseball Leagues," Economics Study Area Working Papers 80, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Akihiko Kawaura & Sumner J La Croix, 2006. "The Designated Hitter Rule and Team Defensive Strategy in Japan’s Professional Baseball Leagues," Working Papers 200607, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan Swinnen, 2013. "It is Harder, not Easier, to Predict the Winner of the Champions League," LICOS Discussion Papers 32913, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Manasis Vasileios & Ntzoufras Ioannis, 2014. "Between-seasons competitive balance in European football: review of existing and development of specially designed indices," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-14, June.
- Jan Šíma, 2013. "Static Competitive Balance of Three Chosen Central European Football Leagues," Ekonomika a Management, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2013(4).
- Fort, Rodney & Maxcy, Joel & Diehl, Mark, 2016. "Uncertainty by regulation: Rottenberg׳s invariance principle," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 454-467.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2011. "Game Information, Local Heroes, and Their Effect on Attendance: The Case of the Japanese Baseball League," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 12(1), pages 20-35, February.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2007. "The Champions League And The Coase Theorem," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(3), pages 355-373, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:39:y:2001:i:3:p:430-43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .