Competitive Balance and Match Attendance in European Rugby Union Leagues
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Patrick Massey & Shane Massey & Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan, 2012. "Competitive Balance and Match Attendance in European Rugby Union Leagues," Working Papers 201226, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Szymanski, 2007. "The Champions League And The Coase Theorem," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(3), pages 355-373, July.
- Szymanski, Stefan, 2001. "Income Inequality, Competitive Balance and the Attractiveness of Team Sports: Some Evidence and a Natural Experiment from English Soccer," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(469), pages 69-84, February.
- Johan Fourie & Krige Siebrits, 2008. "From Competitive Balance to Match Attractiveness in Rugby Union," Working Papers 09/2008, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Jeffery Borland, 2003. "Demand for Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 478-502, Winter.
- Rodney Fort & James Quirk, 1995. "Cross-subsidization, Incentives, and Outcomes in Professional Team Sports Leagues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1265-1299, September.
- Owen, P. Dorian, 2010.
"Limitations of the relative standard deviation of win percentages for measuring competitive balance in sports leagues,"
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 38-41, October.
- P. Dorian Owen, 2009. "Limitations of the relative standard deviation of win percentages for measuring competitive balance in sports leagues," Working Papers 0908, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2010.
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Stefan Szymanski & Stefan KÈsenne, 2004.
"Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 165-177, March.
- SZYMANSKI, Stefan & KÉSENNE, Stefan, 2003. "Competitive balance and gate revenue sharing in team sports," Working Papers 2003003, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Sebastian Braun & Michael Kvasnicka, 2013. "National Sentiment and Economic Behavior," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 14(1), pages 45-64, February.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Economic Design of Sporting Contests," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(4), pages 1137-1187, December.
- Palomino, Frederic & Sakovics, Jozsef, 2004.
"Inter-league competition for talent vs. competitive balance,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 783-797, June.
- Frederic Palomino & Jozsef Sakovics, 2003. "Inter-league competition for talent vs. competitive balance," ESE Discussion Papers 96, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Liam J. A. Lenten, 2009. "Unobserved Components in Competitive Balance and Match Attendances in the Australian Football League, 1945-2005: Where is all the Action Happening?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(269), pages 181-196, June.
- Jaume GarcÃa & PlÃ¡cido RodrÃguez, 2002. "The Determinants of Football Match Attendance Revisited," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 3(1), pages 18-38, February.
- Seth R. Gitter & Thomas A. Rhoads, 2010. "Determinants of Minor League Baseball Attendance," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 11(6), pages 614-628, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick Massey & Shane Massey & Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan, 2012. "Analysing Determinants of Match Attendance in the European Rugby Cup," Working Papers 201228, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Vincent (Vincent Peter) Hogan & Patrick Massey & Shane Massey, 2014. "Analysing Match Attendance in the European Rugby Cup," Working Papers 201412, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
More about this item
Keywordscompetitive balance; sport; leisure;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:44:y:2013:i:4:p:425-446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.