Liquidity Effects of Quantitative Easing on Long-Term Interest Rates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James D. Hamilton & Jing Cynthia Wu, 2012.
"The Effectiveness of Alternative Monetary Policy Tools in a Zero Lower Bound Environment,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 3-46, February.
- James D. Hamilton & Jing Cynthia Wu, 2011. "The Effectiveness of Alternative Monetary Policy Tools in a Zero Lower Bound Environment," NBER Working Papers 16956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, David B & Leeper, Eric M, 1994.
"The Dynamic Impacts of Monetary Policy: An Exercise in Tentative Identification,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1228-1247, December.
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 1992. "The dynamic impacts of monetary policy: an exercise in tentative identification," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 92-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- David B. Gordon & Eric M. Leeper, 1993. "The dynamic impacts of monetary policy: an exercise in tentative identification," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 93-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2011.
"Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 41-59.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2010. "Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?," Staff Reports 441, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2007. "The daily and policy-relevant liquidity effects," Working Papers 2007-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michael D. Bauer & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2014.
"The Signaling Channel for Federal Reserve Bond Purchases,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(3), pages 233-289, September.
- Michael D. Bauer & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 2011. "The signaling channel for Federal Reserve bond purchases," Working Paper Series 2011-21, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Christopher J. Neely, 2010. "The large scale asset purchases had large international effects," Working Papers 2010-018, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Andrés, Javier & López-Salido, J David & Nelson, Edward, 2004.
"Tobin's Imperfect Asset Substitution in Optimizing General Equilibrium,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4336, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Javier Andres & J. David López-Salido & Edward Nelson, 2004. "Tobin's imperfect asset substitution in optimizing general equilibrium," Working Papers 2004-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimitri O. Ledenyov & Viktor O. Ledenyov, 2013. "To the problem of turbulence in quantitative easing transmission channels and transactions network channels at quantitative easing policy implementation by central banks," Papers 1305.5656, arXiv.org, revised May 2013.
- Niall Ferguson & Andreas Schaab & Moritz Schularick, 2015.
"Central Bank Balance Sheets: Expansion and Reduction since 1900,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5379, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ferguson, Niall & Schaab, Andreas & Schularick, Moritz, 2015. "Central Bank Balance Sheets: Expansion and Reduction since 1900," CEPR Discussion Papers 10635, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bernhard, Severin & Ebner, Till, 2017.
"Cross-border spillover effects of unconventional monetary policies on Swiss asset prices,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 109-127.
- Severin Bernhard & Till Ebner, 2016. "Cross-border Spillover Effects of Unconventional Monetary Policies on Swiss Asset Prices," Working Papers 2016-09, Swiss National Bank.
- Mirkov, Nikola & Sutter, Barbara, 2012. "Central Bank Reserves and the Yield Curve at the ZLB," Working Papers on Finance 1208, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Roberto Moro Visconti, 2016. "The impact of quantitative easing (QE) on the cost of debt in project finance investments," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 129-135, March.
- Christensen, Jens H.E. & Krogstrup, Signe, 2014.
"Transmission of Quantitative Easing: The Role of Central Bank Reserves,"
Working Paper Series
2014-18, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 20 Jun 2016.
- Jens H.E. Christensen & Signe Krogstrup, 2015. "Transmission of Quantitative Easing: The Role of Central Bank Reserves," Working Papers 2015-06, Swiss National Bank.
- Duca, John V. & Murphy, Anthony, 2013. "Would a Bagehot style corporate bond backstop have helped counter the Great Recession?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 351-353.
- Jiří Štekláč, 2015.
"Politicko-ekonomické varianty vyhlazování hospodářského cyklu v soudobých úvěrových ekonomikách
[Political-Economic Options for Smoothing of Business Cycles within the Current Credit-Economy]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2015(1), pages 3-31.
More about this item
KeywordsQuantitative Easing; Reserves; Liquidity Effect; Long-Term Interest Rates; Zero Lower Bound; Monetary Policy; Portfolio Balance;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2012-05-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2012-05-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-05-02 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snb:snbwpa:2012-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enzo Rossi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/snbgvch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.