Childcare voucher and labour market behaviour: Experimental evidence from Finland
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tarja Viitanen, 2011. "Child care voucher and labour market behaviour: experimental evidence from Finland," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(23), pages 3203-3212.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Hemmings & David Turner & Seija Parviainen, 2003. "Enhancing the Effectiveness of Public Spending in Finland," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 358, OECD Publishing.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Arleen Leibowitz & Linda Waite & Christina Witsberger, 1988. "Child care for preschoolers: Differences by child’s age," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 25(2), pages 205-220, May.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1996. "Public Provision of Private Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 57-84, February.
- Ghazala Naz, 2004. "The impact of cash-benefit reform on parents’ labour force participation," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(2), pages 369-383, June.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2002. "Simple and Bias-Corrected Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects," NBER Technical Working Papers 0283, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helmut Mahringer & Christine Zulehner, 2015.
"Child-care costs and mothers’ employment rates: an empirical analysis for Austria,"
Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 837-870, December.
- Helmut Mahringer & Christine Zulehner, 2012. "Child-Care Costs and Mothers' Employment Rates. An Empirical Analysis for Austria," WIFO Working Papers 429, WIFO.
- BOUSSELIN Audrey, 2019. "Expanding access to universal childcare: Effects on childcare arrangements and maternal employment," LISER Working Paper Series 2019-11, LISER.
- Taryn W. Morrissey, 2017. "Child care and parent labor force participation: a review of the research literature," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Kosonen Tuomas, 2014.
"To Work or Not to Work? The Effect of Childcare Subsidies on the Labour Supply of Parents,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 14(3), pages 1-32, July.
- Kosonen, Tuomas, 2011. "To work or not to work? The effct of child-care subsidies on the labour supply of parents," Working Papers 23, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Tuomas Kosonen, 2013. "To Work or not to Work? The Effect of Child-Care Subsidies on the Labour Supply of Parents," CESifo Working Paper Series 4065, CESifo.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Viitanen, Tarja, 2007. "Public versus Private Provision of Daycare: An Experimental Evaluation," IZA Discussion Papers 3009, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Colm Harmon & Claire Finn & Arnaud Chevalier & Tarja Viitanen, 2006. "The economics of early childhood care and education : technical research paper for the National Economic and Social Forum," Open Access publications 10197/671, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Hugo Ñopo, 2008. "Matching as a Tool to Decompose Wage Gaps," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 290-299, May.
- Dettmann, E. & Becker, C. & Schmeißer, C., 2011. "Distance functions for matching in small samples," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 1942-1960, May.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2003.
"Government Grants, Plant Survival and Employment Growth: A Micro-Econometric Analysis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
838, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Eric Strobl & Sourafel Girma & Holger Gorg, 2004. "Government Grants, Plant Survival And Employment Growth: A Micro-Econometric Analysis," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 99, Royal Economic Society.
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2016.
"Multinationals’ Productivity Advantage: Scale Or Technology?,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: MULTINATIONAL ENTERPRISES AND HOST COUNTRY DEVELOPMENT Volume 53: World Scientific Studies in International Economics, chapter 1, pages 3-15,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2007. "Multinationals’ Productivity Advantage: Scale Or Technology?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(2), pages 350-362, April.
- Girma, Sourafel & Görg, Holger, 2006. "Multinationals' Productivity Advantage: Scale or Technology," CEPR Discussion Papers 5841, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Görg, Holger & Strobl, Eric, 2005. "Do Government Subsidies Stimulate Training Expenditure? Microeconometric Evidence from Plant Level Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1606, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Steven Lehrer & Gregory Kordas, 2013.
"Matching using semiparametric propensity scores,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 13-45, February.
- Steven Lehrer & Gregory Kordas, 2004. "Matching using Semiparametric Propensity Scores," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 441, Econometric Society.
- Virgilio Galdo & Bertha Briceño, 2005.
"Evaluating the Impact on Child Mortality of a Water Supply and Sewerage Expansion in Quiro:Is Water Enough?,"
OVE Working Papers
0105, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Galdo, Virgilio & Briceño, Bertha, 2011. "Evaluating the Impact on Child Mortality of a Water Supply and Sewerage Expansion in Quito: Is Water Enough?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2833, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jones A.M & Rice N, 2009. "Econometric Evaluation of Health Policies," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/09, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Helena Holmlund & Olmo Silva, 2014.
"Targeting Noncognitive Skills to Improve Cognitive Outcomes: Evidence from a Remedial Education Intervention,"
Journal of Human Capital, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(2), pages 126-160.
- Holmlund, Helena & Silva, Olmo, 2009. "Targeting Non-Cognitive Skills to Improve Cognitive Outcomes: Evidence from a Remedial Education Intervention," IZA Discussion Papers 4476, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chung, Yiyoon, 2015. "Does SNAP serve as a safety net for mothers facing an economic shock? An analysis of Black and White unwed mothers' responses to paternal imprisonment," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 179-192.
- Eva Dettmann & Jutta Günther, 2013. "Subsidized Vocational Training: Stepping Stone or Trap? Assessing Empirical Effects Using Matching Techniques," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 149(IV), pages 405-443, December.
- Sourafel Girma & David Paton, 2006.
"Matching estimates of the impact of over‐the‐counter emergency birth control on teenage pregnancy,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(9), pages 1021-1032, September.
- Sourafel Girma & David Paton, 2005. "Matching Estimates of the Impact of Over-the-Counter Emergency Birth Control on Teenage Pregnancy," Occasional Papers 15, Industrial Economics Division.
- Bertrand, Olivier, 2009. "Effects of foreign acquisitions on R&D activity: Evidence from firm-level data for France," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 1021-1031, July.
- Palmer, Michael G., 2014. "Inequalities in Universal Health Coverage: Evidence from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 384-394.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2008.
"On the Failure of the Bootstrap for Matching Estimators,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(6), pages 1537-1557, November.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2006. "On the Failure of the Bootstrap for Matching Estimators," NBER Technical Working Papers 0325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, Guido & Abadie, Alberto, 2008. "On the Failure of the Bootstrap for Matching Estimators," Scholarly Articles 3043415, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Michael Lechner, 2002. "Mikroökonometrische Evaluation arbeitsmarktpolitischer Massnahmen," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-20, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Ellison, Richard B. & Ellison, Adrian B. & Greaves, Stephen P. & Sampaio, Breno, 2017. "Electronic ticketing systems as a mechanism for travel behaviour change? Evidence from Sydney’s Opal card," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 80-93.
- Jeffrey Smith, 2000.
"A Critical Survey of Empirical Methods for Evaluating Active Labor Market Policies,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 136(III), pages 247-268, September.
- Jeffrey Smith, 2000. "A Critical Survey of Empirical Methods for Evaluating Active Labor Market Policies," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 20006, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial experimentation; vouchers; childcare use; labour force participation;
All these keywords.
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2007-11-24 (European Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2007-11-24 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2007-11-24 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shf:wpaper:2007011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desheuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Jacob Holmes (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desheuk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.